Jeffrey Epstein hangs self

Started by besilarius, August 10, 2019, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

This is very surprising.  He had already attempted suicide once.
I'm not sure, but that would have put him under a suicide watch.  Someone screwed up, or someone was bribed.
The investigation should be very interesting.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

rocketman

Like Clinton was the only guy connected to this awful person. So many benefit from him being dead.

Staggerwing

Trump was also a pal going way back, though they had a later falling out.

Epstein could have probably had some interesting stories to tell in court about all those parties in the 90's and 2000's...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Con

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 10, 2019, 10:10:54 AM
Trump was also a pal going way back, though they had a later falling out.

Epstein could have probably had some interesting stories to tell in court about all those parties in the 90's and 2000's...
I think the relief is very bipartisan

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 10, 2019, 08:34:13 AM
The Clintons strike again.

Indeed.

People have been predicting Epstein's questionable death ever since he was arrested.

Not coincidence the guy had major dirt on powerful people.   Hard to dismiss that.

em2nought

Stolen elections have consequences.

JasonPratt

Quote from: besilarius on August 10, 2019, 08:25:08 AM
This is very surprising.  He had already attempted suicide once.

One of the better gallows jokes I've seen was from John McAfee, "I'm stunned by Epstein's suicide, though probably not as stunned as Epstein himself."

QuoteI'm not sure, but that would have put him under a suicide watch.  Someone screwed up, or someone was bribed.
The investigation should be very interesting.

They did have him on suicide watch previously, but it was rescinded. Then one day after the files start to be unsealed, all the cameras suddenly malfunctioned and whoopsie! -- case closed!

I don't really care one way or another, except insofar as this will hamper the investigation (I doubt it will simply die, pun intended). I hope the investigation makes sense in putting the pieces together, and if it was suicide, fine. But I don't know how it could look more like a staged suicide apart from looking like a straight murder instead. It's going to look like sending a message to whom it may concern, whether he killed himself or not.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

(Of course for anyone who still loved him, this can only add more grief and tragedy. Something for me to keep in mind.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

New game. Assassins Creed: Epstein. Available now for a very short time.... wait, nope it's gone now.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Agent 51 got him.

This just reeks. And problem is with the black book he carried there were a ton of people that would have wanted him offed.
Insert witty comment here.

Staggerwing

I think it's more likely that Epstein was given a 'window' to off himself. His kind don't do well in prison and he would have known that. It's possibly that influential persons also assured him that if he availed himself of the gap in surveillance his family and close friends would be spared the lengthy and painful trial to follow, and some may avoid being co-indicted.

Sir Slash

Well, I did hear he liked to, 'swing' so.....  ::)   Apologies profusely if anyone finds this offensive or is upset they didn't think of it first.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.