Conflict of Heroes Solo question

Started by JudgeDredd, August 13, 2018, 12:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I'm a wee bit confused about the rule sets to use.

First off the Solo expansion says "Welcome to the Solo System for Awakening the Bear"...I'm surprised it doesn't mention Storms of Steel and it makes me wonder if it can be used with Storms of Steel (though I'm sure I've heard it can be used for all Russian front versions.

Secondly, it says "...read section 1 in the standard AtB rulebook".

As I have Awakening the Bear, Storms of Steel and Price of Freedom, I'm not sure if it's beneficial to read the AtB rules as there are undoubtedly changes in the follow up, SoS and the further release of PoF...all of which seem to have their own, full rulesets rather than just "changes" to the AtB rules.

Has anyone got any ideas about whether I have to read the rules for AtB or can I skip and jump right forward to SoS or even PoF. I'd rather not have to read AtB to get a grip of the Solo ruleset and have to read (and undo in my head) the AtB rules by reading SoS and PoF.

I think I've over-thought this again and actually I should just read the AtB rules as the Solo System suggests.
Alba gu' brath

smittyohio

I'm pretty sure the solo system is just for AtB, and that they are going to put out a separate expansion for SOS.  I'd just use it for ATB and not worry about SOS at the moment. That said, I'd be shocked if someone on BGG hasn't modified the solo expansion to handle SOS.

JudgeDredd

I think you're right in the sense that the Solo Expansion comes with scenarios that use the maps and units from AtB.

However, I'm sure the AI "process" as laid out on the cards can be used in SoS. If the AI cards refer to specific units, then I can see why they'd be limited to AtB...but I'm not sure they do.

However - I will take your advice and base it on AtB and learn the Solo stuff from that perspective. I will be playing the Solo scenarios anyway.

Thanks
Alba gu' brath

smittyohio

Actually, in reading some old threads on BGG, you could actually use the AI cards (with apparently some minor adjustments).   I could have sworn there were some features in SoS that the cards somehow didn't cover, but I can't remember.   I just wish they were faster in getting stuff out, and have the solo system ready at the time of the new SoS instead of coming sometime in the future.