Assassins Creed heads to Anceint Greece!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 12, 2018, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on October 04, 2018, 02:32:18 AM
So are there line battles?

There are battles, but don't expect a phalanx. It is LOOSELY based on history, as the series always has been. Places, names, people, legends, dress, etc.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

'Don't expect a phalanx.'

JH, Quote of the Day, October 4, 2018

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 04, 2018, 05:52:26 AM

There are battles, but don't expect a phalanx. It is LOOSELY based on history, as the series always has been. Places, names, people, legends, dress, etc.

Sounds very cool.

Grim.Reaper

Looks like playable for me now....hopefully get to it a little later today.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 04, 2018, 08:00:30 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 04, 2018, 05:52:26 AM

Sounds very cool.

I'll try some assassin's creed (starting with Black flag).  This was useful to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0k2oSu-nSo

JudgeDredd

This is a superb game. Plenty to do and quite varied too. Not like Ghost Recon or Far Cry 5 open world games where they are pretty repetitive. This one has alot of variation.

The abilities upgrades are great. The engravings for weapons (to better stats, for example +4 Warrior Damage) are very good too. Lots of loot to be picked up.

I'm 8 hours in and I've just got off the starting island of Kefalonia.

Very much enjoying this.
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on October 04, 2018, 06:37:34 AM
'Don't expect a phalanx.'

JH, Quote of the Day, October 4, 2018

No one expects the Greek Phalanx!

BRING OUT...THE BLUNTED SPEAR!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

So anyone who puts any weight on Angry Joe's reviews...here it is

I was initially blown away with the game. I really liked the combat. I loved the look. It looked massive. However, I'm starting to feel that grind that I've seen in Ubisofts games of the past - and that's mentioned in the review.

Not a bad game - but it's shortfalls start to come to the fore. I'm 18 hours in and I'm still going, but I'm on the verge of chucking the side missions.

There are some great things in the game...but there's some lazy shit in there too.
Alba gu' brath

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 20, 2018, 01:22:21 AM

I was initially blown away with the game. I really liked the combat. I loved the look. It looked massive. However, I'm starting to feel that grind that I've seen in Ubisofts games of the past - and that's mentioned in the review.

Not a bad game - but it's shortfalls start to come to the fore. I'm 18 hours in and I'm still going, but I'm on the verge of chucking the side missions.

There are some great things in the game...but there's some lazy shit in there too.

I know.  How many times can somebody scream this is Sparta?  Before it gets a little old.  And this is Athens is just confusing.  And this is the Argolid is okay, but odd.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

i read some background in the game about a Japanese brotherhood of assassins. I hope this is foreshadowing of an upcoming title set in feudal Japan. Would be awesome.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 20, 2018, 10:32:20 PM
i read some background in the game about a Japanese brotherhood of assassins. I hope this is foreshadowing of an upcoming title set in feudal Japan. Would be awesome.

The historical ninjas were really much more like assassin's creed assassins than the historical assassins would have been.  Confusing, but there you have it.  And why are the Templar's saddled with being the bad guys?  Is it all thanks to IvanHoe?

Pete Dero

Did anybody accept the Kalydonian Boar mission in Phokis and survive ?

I wasted an evening on it before deciding to step away from it (rage quit describes it better).

https://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-odysseys-giant-boar-is-a-pain-in-the-as-1829606361

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 23, 2018, 06:55:04 AM
Did anybody accept the Kalydonian Boar mission in Phokis and survive ?

I wasted an evening on it before deciding to step away from it (rage quit describes it better).

https://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-odysseys-giant-boar-is-a-pain-in-the-as-1829606361

Yes. It's easily the hardest mission I've played in 26 hours of game time. I had to level up past the level of boar in order to succeed. I've fought several alpha animals since and none have been as difficult as the boar.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog