Decades Feeder Bracket -1981 Final 4

Started by MetalDog, May 25, 2017, 08:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

We had the first "upset," of the bracket, Ozzy over AC/DC.  Not a big upset ,mind you, but a lower seed beating a higher nonetheless.  Just a quick word about AC/DC.  I no longer enjoy listening to AC/DC.  They have been played to death and I don't get the same internal "kick," I used to get from hearing a kick ass song by them.  It doesn't make the song any less kick ass though, and that's why I continue to seed them highly.  If any of you were wondering.

The 1/4 is a tough one for me because "In the Air Tonight," falls in the same category as AC/DC for me: played out, but, awesome when it was still awesome to me.  "Limelight," however, is by one of my really all time favorite bands.  And while "Limelight," doesn't hold the same lustre as it once did, what the song says still rings true and I love the song for it.

The 1/4

The 3/7

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

How you feel about AC/DC is how I feel about ZZ Top and George Thorogood
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

There's a lot of ZZ Top I can't listen to any more.  And if I hear 'Bad To the Bone,' one more time, I'm not sure what I am going to do, but, it's not going to be pretty.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

trailrunner

None of these songs do much for me.  I like heavy metal, but I've never much cared for Ozzy.  But pitted against Ozzy is the band that I just can't stand - the Police.  I think their songs are dull, and they irritate me.  I would probably prefer My Sharona over any Police song.  But they are pretty popular, so what do I know?

The Phil Collins song is OK, but I can still remember how it was used in the pilot of Miami Vice.  That was a superb scene (IMO).

jamus34

I will haunt everyone of you MF'ers when I die if Rush loses out to Phil fucking Collins.

*ahem*

Ok, thank you and have a good night.
Insert witty comment here.

Barthheart

Rush sucks... and that's from a Canadian!  :P

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on May 25, 2017, 08:45:30 PM
The 1/4 is a tough one for me because "In the Air Tonight," falls in the same category as AC/DC for me: played out, but, awesome when it was still awesome to me.  "Limelight," however, is by one of my really all time favorite bands.  And while "Limelight," doesn't hold the same lustre as it once did, what the song says still rings true and I love the song for it.

I have a lot of music that, as music went from LP's to cassettes to CD's to digital....hell, let's be honest and throw 8-tracks in the mix....I've kept in my collection whatever the format. Things like Springsteen's "Born to Run" and Bob Seger's "Night Moves" (just to name two) I've had in my collection in whatever format (and often more than one) since I was 17. But a lot of the stuff I've listened to and loved over the years grew stale for me. For years now I've found myself enjoying new artists and genre's more than ever. Hell, sometimes I turn my kids on to something.

The exception to the rule is I do enjoy music videos of old favorites....watching Angus Young duckwalk never gets old! And google "In-a-gadda-da-vida" by Iron Butterfly....it's groovy, man!  \m/ \m/ \m/