Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Round Of 16

Started by MetalDog, May 21, 2017, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Welcome to 1981!  When I first started the research for this year, I thought it was going to be a bit soft.  The Billboard Hot 100 was littered with really poppy stuff and all over the place - Dolly Parton, Eddie Rabbit, Sheena Easton, Kool & the Gang, Kenny Rogers, Juice Newton, Diana Ross and on and on and on.  Then I got to the albums released that year and things got MUCH better.  I hope you like the songs I chose.  And as always, thanks for voting!

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

-budd-

The 7/10 matchup required a bit of thought, had to go Ozzy. 5/12 and 4/13 gave me pause but i went chalk. some of the others i just didn't like the song of that band i.e Centerfold and Bringing on the heartbreak............... You know your missing " Killers" just saying \m/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

trailrunner

An interesting year.  Some of the big bands of the 70s had a last hurrah, but their hits this year may not represent their best work.  One of my all-time fingernails-on-the-chalkboard irritating bands that I can't stand made it on this list, but it's a legitimate pick so I'll keep that my secret for now.

OJsDad

When they're eliminated TR, let us know who it is. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

jamus34

Disappointed I am no Greg Kihn band???

I also refused to vote on the 6/11 matchup...so if the numbers don't match that's me.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Quote from: jamus34 on May 21, 2017, 08:55:59 PM

I also refused to vote on the 6/11 matchup...so if the numbers don't match that's me.

I had them in the queue, just didn't make it to number 16 ;)  I hope to see them in the Wild Card Brackets choosing the last 6 songs from each decade.  And the 6/11?  Because you like both songs or because you hate both songs?

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on May 21, 2017, 09:28:09 PM

I had them in the queue, just didn't make it to number 16 ;)  I hope to see them in the Wild Card Brackets choosing the last 6 songs from each decade.  And the 6/11?  Because you like both songs or because you hate both songs?

Dislike. And I can understand the leaving off of G Kihn band... if anything their song is a bigger hit now than then thanks to soundtrack usage
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Quote from: jamus34 on May 22, 2017, 08:08:04 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 21, 2017, 09:28:09 PM

Dislike. And I can understand the leaving off of G Kihn band... if anything their song is a bigger hit now than then thanks to soundtrack usage

Fair enough.