Graviteam's TANK WARFARE: Tunisa 1943 due out on STEAM in May 2017

Started by Staggerwing, April 18, 2017, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Geezer

The map for that Bulge game reminds me somewhat of SPI's Wacht am Rhein from back in the 70"s I think.  Sadly, the days of setting up those monster games on my pool table and playing them are long gone.

Edit - And FWIW I think Dean Essig is one of the best wargame designers of all time.  Wish I still had the time to play his games.  Sorry for continuing to move this thread off topic.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

RyanE

Quote from: Ubercat on April 24, 2017, 10:07:56 PM
Yes, and...?   ;)

A) This is a computer wargaming forum
B) We are talking about...fancy that...a computer wargame

Boradgamers are the vegans and crossfit of the gaming world.  Always want everyone to know they play boardgames and turn every conversation to crossfit boardgames

Staggerwing

You do know that the guy who does most of the work running this site is a boardgamer, don't you? 
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

RyanE

Not really a concern of mine in regards to this thread in a computer warging forum.  I play boardgames a lot too.  Still have an ASL set up in my basement.  But there are people who are obsessed with boardgaming that are on a crusade to convert computer games to boardgames.  They find every opportunity to come into discussions about computer wargames and try to get people to play boardgames.

If there should be no distinction between board and computer games, merge the forums.

Jarhead0331

'Cause this is the first time someone made an off-topic comment in one of our threads...

Someone made a gaming suggestion and it happens to not be something that interests you, Ryan. Get over it. No reason to pile on the guy and no reason to restructure our forums either.

Move on.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 25, 2017, 05:49:48 AM
You do know that the guy who does most of the work running this site is a boardgamer, don't you?

Excuse me? I resemble that remark.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

RyanE

I didn't pile on.  I asked a simple question.  Check the answer and then another comment.  If the answer had been "oh yeah, its a tactical boardgame about Tunisia like ASL", well then OK.  But the answer was basically, yeah, what of it.  I replied to answer what of it.  I didn't just go on some rant.  I responded to a couple responses.

His quote was Yes, and?  I assume he was expecting me to respond.  Is that piling on?

Jarhead0331

My comment wasn't a solicitation for a response or a debate. It was a invitation for you to shut your mouth, for once.

Thanks. Back on topic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

FarAway Sooner

I like bagels more than turtles.  But only with cream cheese.

JudgeDredd

For anyone confused with the interface (which I admit I am though I also admit I probably didn't give it much time to settle in), there's some handy stuff at Dogs of War (link courtesy of Asid)

http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/board,143.0.html

You may find it interesting and/or helpful.
Alba gu' brath

mikeck

I do love these graviteam  Games and I have been playing them for years. Still haven't figured out the interface completely. Mainly because the manual – such as it is – is about usless

Nevertheless, sit down and invest some time in it and you will be rewarded. I can't go back to CM
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus