Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Started by OJsDad, January 23, 2017, 11:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

So, time to stop reading this thread until I see it...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on December 12, 2017, 09:27:15 AM
So, time to stop reading this thread until I see it...

Yep. I'm avoiding spoilers for this one. Normally I don't care, but I want to go into this one not knowing.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Yep. I'm not clicking on any spoilers. I will probably avoid social media, too. I remember being on iFunny (an app that does memes) and seeing a random comment that said "Han dies," which was just before The Force Awakens came out. It was just a totally random comment to a meme that had nothing to do with Star Wars, by someone just wanting to be an asshole.

JasonPratt

I think I can safely say that the RLM pre-review thing is just funny, not really spoilery.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 12, 2017, 09:21:34 AM
Jeez, it's here already? I saw the pre-sale tix but I thought it wasn't coming out for a few more weeks.
Well...it's here already - I don't know about there

Double bill tomorrow night. The Force Awakens at 9 or 10 and then The Last Jedi at 00:05 on Thursday morning. Can't wait. I'm very excited for this one.
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

Review embargos lifted 30 minutes ago. General impressions are very positive.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

JasonPratt

Scheduled with Bro and the Nieces Sunday afternoon.

mirth

Looking forward to comparing notes Monday AM.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I'm going in Saturday night. I'm actually surprised it was still open, even the distant locale I will be visiting.

jamus34

Going with Daughter #1 Sat afternoon as a birthday gift...meeting wife and daughters #2 & #3 afterwords for dinner / dessert.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

Going to the 7pm showing tomorrow night with my Son-In-Law. The Nerd is strong in this family.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

We watched Rogue One, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi over the past few days in preparation.

I'd forgotten how low Return of the Jedi had sunk and how much the film stunk imo. I do recall it being my least fav (sorry - not buying teddy bears) - but quite how bad showed up last night. Not quite bad enough to be lumbered with Episodes 1 to 3 - but close.

Thank god the people in charge are starting to churn out good stuff. The Empire Strikes Back was always my favourite.
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

Jedi has the the awesome space combat that makes me want to bust out Armada every time I see it but the whole Ewok/I'm your sister thing is craptastic.