Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Got my key for Smolensk Gold as well since I bought the original.  I was an alpha and beta tester for John for years after Smolensk and got most of his games for free, so when the rest of the games go Gold I'll probably be buying them rather than asking for another free copy.

Geezer,

Thank you for all your efforts in the past - these are certainly very solid games - thanks to all that contributed.

It was their robustness, that motivated us to upgrade them to a level that would make them a little more attractive to a wider community. The average person rarely is aware of the mods that are turned out and end up having a sub-par experience.

Fortunately John Tiller allowed Ed Williams and Jison to craft a superlative series with the First World War Campaign releases and we're trying to follow their lead and improve Panzer Campaigns. You're now starting to see the first fruits of that.

Finally, there will be a very short wait for the other Eastern Front titles. All are finished and all usually have additional enhancements beyond just graphics and sound.

David

PS As the Gold versions are released, would people like us to post in this one thread or start a separate one for each title?
Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars / Re: Alabama Senate Election
« Last post by Marty Ward on Today at 09:55:53 PM »

I realize you seem to enjoy being obtuse Marty, but at least show some common sense.

I'm not the one who said they closed DMV locations to prevent people from voting, especially since none were closed. That defies common sense and all other kinds of sense.
Forum-Based Games / Re: "Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...
« Last post by Cyrano on Today at 09:38:47 PM »
Game Time Is: 1500, 18th October 1806!
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:38:20 PM »
Going to the 7pm showing tomorrow night with my Son-In-Law. The Nerd is strong in this family.
Current Events / Re: Bang! Zoom! To the Moon again! (and Mars?)
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:31:10 PM »
I understand the girls used to call him 'Missileman' because he always dropped his payload 30 seconds after lift-off.  :hide:
I always wanted to be a blimp pilot. Imagine how many girls blouses you could look down from up there.  :bd:
General Discussion / Re: Your 2017 Game Journey
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:21:49 PM »
I never thought I'd end up with so many AGEOD games. I always thought they looked and played boring but ACW 2 opened my eyes. My finest moment of 2017 was winning ACW 2's Grand Campaign as the North. Along with finishing Pillars of Eternity. Two big wins for me this year. Makes up for my total lack of interest in finishing my CMBN & CMFI campaigns.
General Discussion / Re: "Feeling Old" 2017 Edition
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:16:12 PM »
Grogheads: The Site that doesn't chafe or cause a rash.  But will leave a stain will leave a stain if it sits too long.
Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars / Re: GOP Tax Plan Discussion
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 09:13:13 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-gop-tax-reform-bill-resistance-from-china-leaders-europe-2017-12

The finance ministers from the five-largest European economies sent a letter to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin warning that the GOP tax bill could be negative for the world economy and violate international rules.

Chinese officials are also preparing policy changes to try to mute the impact of the tax bill. 

World leaders are preparing to confront the Republican tax bill, anticipating that some of its policy adjustments could harm their economies. 

Officials in major European economies and China are readying themselves for policy responses that could counteract some the effects of the GOP's Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA).

The finance ministers from five of the largest European economies  Britain, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain sent a letter to US Treasury

Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Monday warning that the TCJA could be detrimental to the global economy and "risk having a major distorting impact on international trade."

"It is important that the US government's rights over domestic tax policy be exercised in a way that adheres with international obligations to which it has signed-up," said the letter, which was first reported by Reuters..

The finance ministers also charged that the TCJA runs afoul of World Trade Organization rules and could lead to legal challenges.

The TCJA proposes a variety of adjustments to the US tax code that would change the way the US taxes multinational and foreign companies.

For instance, the finance ministers say a proposed tax on foreign income of US-based corporations could unfairly target legitimate business relationships with European companies.

In addition to the concerns from European officials, China is also preparing to counterpunch if and when the TCJA becomes law, according to Lingling Wei of The Wall Street Journal.

Chinese officials refer to the GOP bill as a "gray rhino" and are preparing new rules to ensure the tax bill does not lead to large capital outflows from the country. Such changes could include tighter capital controls, higher interest rates, and more intervention to support the country's currency, according to the WSJ.

A conference committee of both the House and Senate members has begun work to reconcile the two chambers' differing versions of the TCJA.

In addition to merging the two versions of the bill, the conference committee will also have to resolve a series of unintended mistakes in the current versions.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Last post by jamus34 on Today at 08:50:48 PM »
Going with Daughter #1 Sat afternoon as a birthday gift...meeting wife and daughters #2 & #3 afterwords for dinner / dessert.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10