Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Hey Flight Simmers...
« Last post by Pete Dero on Today at 01:57:28 AM »
2018 May Sale! Enjoy 47% off most Orbx products ( https://orbxdirect.com/category/ftx-global )
I always forget how great the Soviet APCs and scouts have been. We didn't have anything comparable until the Bradley IFV.

Unfortunately I don't get any proper recon units in this mission, such as BRDMs and scout teams. I don't think having these assets would change anything, but it would be fun to give them some time in the limelight.

One of the reasons I like to play a beefed up OpFor is getting to play with all the equipment. Unfortunately for me, all of my equipment is essentially 80's vintage, whereas the Brits get truly modern toys. My inability to see anything on the airfield, even though I'm taking accurate fire really helps illustrate the disparity. At the risk of derailing my own AAR, this is one of the many reasons why I would love to see a Combat Mission: Fulda Gap. Something set during the 80's with a showdown between NATO and Warsaw Pact. Its an era of military history that I am very interested in, and the relatively similar capabilities of each side would make for a competitive game. Its likely not going to happen anytime soon, if ever, but it's fun to dream.
Modelling and Miniatures / 2 pots of paint...
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:54:48 PM »
...and this 1/48 beast

I told my wife "I picked up a pot of paint and the guy said if you buy two of those, you get a free model". She correctly called BS. However, my daughter, who's at University, said "Wow!". Oh dear!!  #:-)
Computer Wargaming / Re: DCS Discussion
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:37:26 PM »
Wouldn’t it be awesome if they surprise released the hornet tomorrow?
:dreamer:
Computer Wargaming / Re: DCS Discussion
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:37:09 PM »
<coffee spills on lap>

"MAVERICK!"
I did think about asking permission to buzz the local populace  :2funny:
Computer Wargaming / Re: Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia
« Last post by MengJiao on Yesterday at 10:31:06 PM »
That’s my favorite unit!

Early Medieval Melee:

Current Events / Re: Nork Nukes Nearing Nuisance?
« Last post by em2nought on Yesterday at 10:19:34 PM »
I smell John Bolton.  :uglystupid2:
Current Events / Re: Self-Driving Car Kills Pedestrian
« Last post by em2nought on Yesterday at 10:17:47 PM »
I just don't want technology taking away from me the fun of driving!

Pedestrians are by and large idiots from my observations, particularly the ones who seem to purposely defy traffic.  Too many forces working against you here though.  Drivers are becoming too dumb to drive properly.  New big money autonomous car $ales to everyone forcing all old vehicles off the road, insurance companies who will make it impossible to afford insurance it you drive it yourself.  It's going to be safer for your average idiot.  Scamming with accidents will decrease.  The odds or you and I getting hurt will probably go up instead, but that's small potatoes compared to "the boon of interfering with survival of the fittest" or "the creed of it's for the children".  We'll all have nice big car loan$ to pay, hurray economy.  Care for some Brawndo?  ;D
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Epic Dr Who Marathon
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Yesterday at 10:12:48 PM »
Capaldi was amazing.  I've been watching Dr. Who since the 80's and won't watch his last episode.  I am leaving on it with him as the Doctor from now on. 

But yes, Baker was best.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Epic Dr Who Marathon
« Last post by GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 10:08:24 PM »
while I do agree about Baker, the modern Doctors have petty much all crushed the role.
Tennant, and more so Smith, made it far more global.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10