Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Hoffy in the Hospital
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 06:53:20 PM »
Are you on some good meds, Hoffy?  :P

5 mg of oxycontin and panadein forte. Not a lot but it's a solid hour of fun

That's a nice yet light cocktail. You don't want to go too heavy. :)

Hope you heal up quickly!
Books & Reading / Re: What are we reading?
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 06:52:08 PM »
Standing the Final Watch: The Last Brigade, Book 1.

Pretty solid writing so far. A little farfetched in the plot, but if you're no fan of Obama and believe in conspiracy theories, well...hey, it's a work of fiction.  O0

America might be dead, but Nick Angriff will kick your ass to resurrect her.

Lt. General Nick Angriff has spent his adult life protecting family and country from a world of terrorism spinning out of control. On the battlefield, off the grid, in clandestine special task forces and outright black ops, Angriff never wavers from duty. But when a terror attack on Lake Tahoe kills his family, heís left with only the corrosive acid of revengeÖ that is, until a hated superior officer reveals the deepest of all secret operations. Against the day of national collapse, a heavily-armed military unit rests in cryogenic storage, to be awakened when needed, and Angriff is named its commander.

Fifty years later he wakes to find the USA destroyed and predatory warlords roaming the ruins. Stalked by assassins bent on seizing his command for their own purposes, Angriff has to prepare for war while avoiding murder.

Because the only wall still shielding survivors from slavery and death are the men and women of The Last Brigade.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Bomber Crew
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 06:48:01 PM »
At least he tried. And lived. Holy hell.  :notworthy:
Was at the Army/Temple game today (Army won in overtime!!) and was roasting in the end zone the whole time...felt like the middle of summer 😒
Current Events / Re: Old US Vet is 111
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 06:38:55 PM »
God bless him! May we all live to long and well.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Thor: Ragnarok
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 06:37:42 PM »
See what hanging around with a bunch of Hobbits does to you! All that 'weed' RING OF POWER.

Fixed.
^ I don't usually go for gorefests - they tend to be too over the top for me. That said I did like the first Silent Hill game, Alan Wake and some others like Clive Barker's Undying when it came out. I've been a little curious about Evil Within, but more interested in Resident Evil - Biohazard. It never seems to go on sale though.

I bought Dying Light a few months ago but got stuck on one of the early parkour sets and rage quit - which is a shame because I was really looking forward to that game :/
^This pleases me.

So does the whole idea of massive fantasy sieges...gotta start playing Shadow of War soon.
^Yeah, but Field of Glory II is the obvious answer yet again. I was hoping for yet another era that might prove interesting.  8)
I just bought FoG2, heh. I actually have some of the rule books for the tabletop game.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Decisions Decisions
« Last post by jomni on Today at 06:01:10 PM »
Very interesting...I'm at the FoG II/Bomber Crew decision-fork also.  I own P&S and think it's a good game, thus I know that FoGII will be be good.  However, isn't it essentially just P&S with different skins?

New shiny skins. But P&S doesnít cover the era so they arenít competitors. If you liked the P&S gameplay and ancient era, then itís a definite buy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10