The Endless Kriegspiel, an AAR

Started by bayonetbrant, May 12, 2018, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Well, so far the AAR is moving waaaaaay faster than the game :)

http://grogheads.com/aars/18357
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pinetree

Jim made a little boo-boo, the AAR he linked to was Soult's (mine) not Ney's. It's true that Dom's dispatches were awesome though, he inspired me to do this one.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Cyrano

That's what I get from uploading things at work.

The honor to the Bravest of the Brave stands as does my regard for this one.

Strange error to make, though, as, as I've said, I've framed this one.

Thanks for it.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Pinetree

BanzaiCat

If there is another, I would like to take part.

Cyrano

YOU so totally had your chance.  ::)

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Cyrano on May 19, 2018, 06:44:11 PM

Yes I did, but had to bail thanks to other issues.

So is that a 'no?'

panzerde

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 19, 2018, 06:45:03 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on May 19, 2018, 06:44:11 PM

Yes I did, but had to bail thanks to other issues.

So is that a 'no?'

There's no way we're letting you not play in this next one. No. Way.

I'd like to register my vote for it being the 1807 Eylau campaign, btw. Because the best way that I can think to make this even more sadistic is to have the campaign happen in the winter.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

James Sterrett

There's no reason Jim can't make up a campaign, either - especially if it makes for enough corps on the two sides to absorb the interested parties.

Those considering taking part, please keep in mind -- it is exceptionally disruptive to have people drop out, or fail to keep messages and decisions flowing in a timely manner.  It's a hell of a lot of fun, but it's important to really commit to sticking it out.

Cyrano

@BC: as if we'd go on without you!

@James:  yes, please.  It's not a threat, but the last one went 18 months.  It's not terribly demanding time wise for the player, but it was the commitment that made this one go.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: James Sterrett on May 19, 2018, 07:31:17 PMIt's a hell of a lot of fun, but it's important to really commit to sticking it out.

Just be prepared for the eventuality that evolution moves faster than some of these games ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

If you guys'll have me, I'll stick it out.

Pinetree

I'd definitely be keen to have another go. It feels funny at the moment having any dispatches to read or write.

Boggit

I thought this AAR was all about the Napoleonic wars, but I'm seeing maps covered with armies of red and blue Daleks.

Are you sure this is not a Dr Who version of the Napoleonic wars? ;) :-"
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

BanzaiCat

Incorrect. It is about painting Napoleonic 5mm figures with the correct number of uniform buttons properly portrayed in the right shades.