Decades Feeder Bracket - Wild Card 80s Week 2 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, January 21, 2018, 09:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

The first Week of Wild Cards was generally well received.  I had access to the best of the rest and was able to put some really good tunes out there.  But, I knew I could do better.  So, I reorganized the research and put together what I think is the strongest Bracket of this Decade so far.  There's a lot of songs in here that could have been top 3 seeds in a normal year.  Now, some of them are double digits.  Hope that cause wringing of hands, gnashing of teeth and wailing,  Can't forget the wailing.  ;)

As always, I thank you all so very much for coming along with me on this.  Thank you for voting and have at!

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

procedural question - How do you have Dr Feelgood in the 80s, and Kickstart my Heart in the 90s, when they were on the same album?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

At some point early in the process, I decided to use the release date of the single OR the album and stick the song in that year.  Sometimes, if the album was released late in the year, I would roll the popular songs to the next year.  Especially if the Billboard Hot 100 for the following year showed a higher charting position than the original release year.

'Dr.  Feelgood,' the album, was released September 1, 1989.  'Kickstart My Heart,' was released as a single on November 20, 1989 and had more chart success the following year.  Even if it was because it had more time to chart.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers