Fly the Friendly Skies

Started by mirth, April 10, 2017, 11:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on April 27, 2017, 07:35:51 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 27, 2017, 07:34:50 PM
Quote from: bbmike on April 27, 2017, 07:32:49 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 27, 2017, 07:19:33 PM
I flew a few weeks ago for the first time since 9/11. I was a bit taken aback by how much it has become a purely numbers experience. Crammed into a tiny seat on a cramped plane with minimal amenities. It was depressing and made me glad I don't have to fly regularly.

+1. It's one of the reasons I prefer to drive 14 hours to get to Florida these days.

I was trying to figure out a flight to get to Origins. After my experience 3 weeks ago, I decided a 13 hour drive didn't seem so bad.

I'll buy you a drink when you get there.

I'm going to need one.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

I flew a few weeks ago for the first time since 9/11. I was a bit taken aback by how much it has become a purely numbers experience. Crammed into a tiny seat on a cramped plane with minimal amenities. It was depressing and made me glad I don't have to fly regularly.

+1. It's one of the reasons I prefer to drive 14 hours to get to Florida these days.

I was trying to figure out a flight to get to Origins. After my experience 3 weeks ago, I decided a 13 hour drive didn't seem so bad.

Drive up here and we'll carpool.

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2017, 07:36:40 PM

Are you in Toronto? That might actually make sense. I'm pretty much going to have to drive by you to get to Columbus.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on April 27, 2017, 07:39:39 PM

Are you in Toronto? That might actually make sense. I'm pretty much going to have to drive by you to get to Columbus.

Don't let him try to sell you any softwood lumber!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

This is probably a trap so he can exact some kind of vengeance for all the counter clipping pics I've posted.

Barthheart

I'm in Ottawa but I have to stop in TO to pick up Rob Crandall on my way by.

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on April 27, 2017, 07:42:24 PM
This is probably a trap so he can exact some kind of vengeance for all the counter clipping pics I've posted.

:-"

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2017, 07:42:48 PM

I'm in Ottawa but I have to stop in TO to pick up Rob Crandall on my way by.

We should talk. Maybe we can figure something out. I was actually thinking about taking the New York route instead of going through Pennsylvania.

Gusington

We'll leave a light on for you.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Want me stop and pick you up, Gus?

Gusington

For Origins? No can do.But if you want to pick me up and drive me to Chicago next week that would be awesome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2017, 07:51:43 PM
For Origins? No can do.But if you want to pick me up and drive me to Chicago next week that would be awesome.

Sure. I'll be at 6.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

You teasing, wanting strumpet.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd