2016 READERS' CHOICE AWARD WINNERS

Started by bayonetbrant, February 04, 2017, 06:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

Excellent, thanks for the work involved in setting that up

I'm amazed there's no totalhammer love - the dlc will get you this year

And backpats all round for kyzbp and the witp aar - I'm get a hankering for offering a rematch

airboy

I guess people really are reading my Order of Battle AARs and liking what the designers did.  Wow.

OJsDad

Congrats to the AAR winners. They're all great to follow.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

Congrats to all-- great choices all around.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

KyzBP

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 04, 2017, 06:18:01 AM
Excellent, thanks for the work involved in setting that up

I'm amazed there's no totalhammer love - the dlc will get you this year

And backpats all round for kyzbp and the witp aar - I'm get a hankering for offering a rematch

Nice work UCG!  I second the lack of Totalhammer love.  I'm not really sure about the rematch.  My family began referring to me as "That guy in the computer room".

Great choices all around.

I am really surprised that neither Airborne Rifles nor Banzai Cat made it into the AAR Top 3.  Those were some of my very favorites.

jomni

Digital RPG's are hardly RPG's.

bobarossa

I hope Star Wars: Rebellion didn't win by only one vote.  I haven't played a board game in 10 years plus and chose that one only because I enjoyed the computer game Rebellion back in the 90's. 

mirth

Quote from: bobarossa on February 11, 2017, 10:26:57 AM
I hope Star Wars: Rebellion didn't win by only one vote.  I haven't played a board game in 10 years plus and chose that one only because I enjoyed the computer game Rebellion back in the 90's. 

I doubt it. Seems like half the forum has been play Rebellion.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bobarossa on February 11, 2017, 10:26:57 AM

that one wasn't particularly close
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

I just hope you didn't buy it as a solo player game.