GrogHeads Reviews Knights of Pen & Paper 2

Started by bayonetbrant, March 20, 2016, 12:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

I just bought the app for this for my iPad after reading the review , it's downloading as I speak !! Looking forward to playing this , it's right up my street , looks like a good adventure  :smitten:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

BanzaiCat

I have both 1 and 2; great little diversionary games. I think 1 has an expansion called 'Haunted Fall' that I haven't messed with.

Number 2 easily feels larger than 1, and it has unlockable content that you can get by spending in-game gold on, so you do not need to spend real-world cash...just the gold you get from random treasure drops when defeating monsters.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 30, 2016, 04:07:26 PM
I have both 1 and 2; great little diversionary games. I think 1 has an expansion called 'Haunted Fall' that I haven't messed with.

Number 2 easily feels larger than 1, and it has unlockable content that you can get by spending in-game gold on, so you do not need to spend real-world cash...just the gold you get from random treasure drops when defeating monsters.

I've played this a couple of times now , usually at night when I'm bored of whatever is on tv !  It really reminds me of a TV series I used to watch as a kid called knightmare . It doesn't air anymore , but I used to rush home from school every week just to catch this program.  It was always on just after school finished ! But basically it's the same premise of this game . So far I'm enjoying it , I like all the decisions I have to make , I like to feel like I'm the one in charge of the story and where it's heading . Which is how this game feels to me so far :)
Which do you prefer ? 1 or 2 ?
Thanks for the tips  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog