Main Menu

Project Zomboid

Started by Nefaro, September 16, 2013, 02:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

They recently put up Steam keys for those who purchased the Project Zomboid Alpha on Desura.

http://www.desura.com/games/project-zomboid/news/steam-key-available-to-all-customers

Looks like they still haven't updated it to the latest version, but hopefully the Steam version doesn't have their login DRM on it.  I've not even messed with it in awhile just because I didn't want to jump through those hoops for an Alpha, just yet.  Still.. figured may as well activate it there.

I also see that Underrail got Greenlit.  If any indie RPG on Desura deserved it, that's certainly one.

Nefaro

Project Zomboid just got Multi-player beta!

Being a beta, it's probably got some issues.  Especially since this is the game that is in perpetual beta.  However, I watched a recent multi-player vid of a couple guys traipsing around and got quite a laugh out of it:

I didn't really expect them to add multi-player to this game but it looks like it could be lotsa fun.

skeptical.platypus

PZ update now has multiplayer in non-beta. Also 3d models. And cake batter.

Also, fishing.

Online Multiplayer!
    3D Models for characters! (Some very old systems may need to turn them off)
    NEW COOKING SYSTEM !
    FISHING, YAY !
    Tons of new items (mainly food), here's some example :
        Pickles
        BellPepper
        Mustard
        Peach
        CakeBatter ...
    New icons for some items.
    New stab weapon : the hunting knife !
    You can know choose to split a pot of soup (or stew.. Woops, spoiler) in 2 or 4 bowl.
    Added a hunger reduction selection in recipe, for example now Butter;15 mean you gonna use 15 hunger reduction of the butter (and not all the butter).
    Change on food poisoning :
         Poison food will now have a poison power (bleach is more deadly than poison ivy, etc.)
        By drinking bleach (...) you'll feel pain pretty fast, with a slight health lose, then after 1-2h, sickness.
        After the sickness, you'll start to lose health, a full bottle of bleach will kill you.
        But if you have some food poisoning from a recipe, you can try to eat a lot, stay well fed and you can make it ! (and then reclaim vengeance on the chef who did that !)
    Added context-menu command to chop down trees.
    Sledgehammer will lose condition when used to destroy things.
    [MP] Password will now be hashed in the data base.
    A ton of other stuff we've forgotten. We'll make a more comprehensive changelist from 23->26 soon.

[BALANCE]

Changed the weight of some item :
        Frying Pan from 2 to 1.
        Pot of soup from 6 to 4.
    Food benefit will now stay a bit longer (more realistic !).
    Lowered the chance of finding a Spiffo (sorry :().
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Nefaro

I couldn't even figure out how to cook stuff. 

Hopefully they optimize their game engine sometime too.  It seemed to be a hog for what it is.  Pretty cool game though.  I hope their updates come along faster than they have in the past.

skeptical.platypus

I admit, peppers and mustard haven't really changed the game.

I still can't work well with the isometric engine. Way too many times I'm swinging at nothing in front of me instead of turning and swinging at the zeke behind me.  I understand the roguelike nature and it's appeal, but I'm a little frustrated that I can go crazy from the pain in less than 24 hours after tweaking my back by lifting 1lb over my standard carrying capacity.

Is it my imagination, or have the site emotes being fooling around with each other after hours?
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Tuna

Has anyone played MP with this? Can you save your progress?

Jarhead0331

Read the IP...Desura...now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2017, 10:44:35 AM

They were the first platform/digital-download-service to offer Early Access sort of purchases.

I do believe Steam keys for PZ have been distributed by now though.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on December 04, 2017, 12:17:20 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2017, 10:44:35 AM

They were the first platform/digital-download-service to offer Early Access sort of purchases.

I do believe Steam keys for PZ have been distributed by now though.

Yes.. most of my old Desura stuff was given Steam activation keys.  Including Zomboid.

Speaking of Zomboid... that is the poster child for unending development.  :-"

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on December 04, 2017, 10:40:42 AM
Has anyone played MP with this? Can you save your progress?

I think you can save MP games, but don't really know.  Haven't played in quite awhile since it's constantly in flux.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on December 04, 2017, 04:00:18 PM
Speaking of Zomboid... that is the poster child for unending development.  :-"

This, LoL!  ;D

Tuna

Just bought it during the Thanksgiving Sale and really enjoying it.. Although, I broke my guy's leg building a second story platform on my fort wall. Really slows you down!  :crazy2:

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on December 04, 2017, 05:01:31 PM
Just bought it during the Thanksgiving Sale and really enjoying it.. Although, I broke my guy's leg building a second story platform on my fort wall. Really slows you down!  :crazy2:

Hrmm..

May be one to try out in multi-player sometime. 

I never could figure out how to turn on stuff in the UI, though.  Oven?  Some of it wasn't intuitive last I checked.

Tuna

I've been right clicking to turn on. Then I'd throw the frying pan on with food, and watch it. with a mouse over you can see the progress. when it's done it switched to burning. Then I just quickly grab the pan. as you hold it, it cools down. once it's no longer burning, you can eat.

would definitely be interested in trying MP session.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on December 05, 2017, 02:22:59 PM
I've been right clicking to turn on. Then I'd throw the frying pan on with food, and watch it. with a mouse over you can see the progress. when it's done it switched to burning. Then I just quickly grab the pan. as you hold it, it cools down. once it's no longer burning, you can eat.

would definitely be interested in trying MP session.

They must've updated the controls since I last played.  Admittedly, it's been quite awhile, and they're always changing stuff.

Not sure how MP works for it.  Does everyone lose the game once one player dies?  Is there some kind of respawn and/or limited lives?  Or is a newly dead player just screwed until a new session is started? 

There is also your question about whether MP saves are in and working.