Main Menu

Tigers on the Hunt

Started by BlackJaguar, December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackJaguar

Hi guys,

My name is Peter Fisla and I'm developer behind the game called "Tigers on the Hunt" - the game is inspired by ASL board game. I have been developing the game for about 8+ years + 2 years of polishing and fixing bugs. This is my labor of love project, I plan to support it for many years to come. Assuming the game sells well, I plan to work on expansion (adding French and Italian nationalities). As a matter of fact, I plan to deliver the first release candidate of the base game this coming weekend. I handed off the draft manual to Slitherine few days ago. The target date is early Q1 2016, please feel free to ask me questions.

Here is the page to game on Slitherine website:

www.matrixgames.com/products/578/details/Tigers.on.the.Hunt

Cheers!

Asid

Nice to have you hear my friend :)

My fellow Grogs.I know BlackJaguar. Even played a few games with him. He has been working on this title for quite a few years. He has put his heart and soul into it. He is very passionate about it. Exciting things to come :)

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Gusington

Welcome...you're definitely in the right place.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

smittyohio

Good luck to you, Peter!   For your sake, I hope Matrix doesn't play their "Premium Game" card on you.

Rayfer

Just reviewed the five screenshots on the first post's link to Matrix.  Nice, very nicely done.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

savatee

Saw the screenshots. Looking forward to this very much!

savatee

Peter, can you give us a bit of info as to how your game will be "like" ASL?

BlackJaguar

First of all, big thank you to Asid and everyone else for the warm welcome.  It was Asid few months ago that pointed out to me this website and today he suggested I join the forum. I have been so busy for the past year working on the game (besides being busy of course with my day job) that I didn't really have the time to get myself involved here.

Now that the game is done, I can now breath little bit easier; I decided to drop by. I'm a wargamer like many of you here, 10 years ago I decided to make a game that I wanted to play...so let's see what happens :) Thank you kindly for your positive feedback about the project. It's really a labor of love, I didn't really start a project knowing that one day it will get published. What's really left is get the manual done by Slitherine and publish it.

BlackJaguar

Quote from: savatee on December 02, 2015, 07:35:16 PM
Peter, can you give us a bit of info as to how your game will be "like" ASL?

Well, the game is same scale, the structure of the turn is pretty similar. There is Fire, movement, rout, close combat segments.  Here is a bit of info about the personnel counters:

Firepower has letter...A is the best H is the worst. + - represents Assault Fire. Fire Range can be seen in the game, it's a visual tool that you can enable. Morale is assigned to Stars sprite for Squad,HF and Crew. Stars for Leader represents Leadership bonus. In addition, each personnel counter has it's class (Example, German nationality has six different kinds of Squads/Half-Squads: Waffen SS (Elite), Assault Engineers (Elite), Fallschirmjäger (Elite), 1st Line, 2nd Line and Conscripts) In addition, each personnel unit also has experience.

Personnel units can also have the following states: Good Order, Broken, Broken+ (Demoralized), Pinned, Wounded (Leader only) and out of command.

Vehicles need start engines before they move, since AFVs in WW2 didn't really fire on the move...you might want to stop your AFV and then fire. Rotating turrets work the same way as in ASL, meaning you pay penalty as you rotate an AFV turret to face the enemy. Tank Destroyers like SutGs without turret pay even higher penalties if they have to turn to face an enemy target.

The graphics are board game like, I wanted to keep things simple yet elegant...

If the game sells reasonably well, I plan to add French and Italian nationalities so that early blitzkrieg AFV battles can be done (well you can already play early blitzkrieg with British vs Germans, but I don't have armor from that era). After that I would like to move the graphics engine to 3D something like Battle Academy 2 has.

The game editor is easy to use, so if you want to port some ASL scenarios into the game...it will be very easy. I spent about a year working on AI (the AI is version 2.0) and all needs to be done is set the AI on defense or Attack and AI does the rest.

Here is a list of vehicles in the game:

GERMAN:
------------------
PzKpfw IIA
PzKpfw IIF
PzKpfw IIL
PzKpfw 35t
PzKpfw 38(t) A
PzKpfw 38(t) E
PzKpfw IIID
PzKpfw IIIF
PzKpfw IIIG
PzKpfw IIIH
PzKpfw IIIJ
PzKpfw IIIL
PzKpfw IIIN
PzKpfw IVA
PzKpfw IVC
PzKpfw IVD
PzKpfw IVE
PzKpfw IVF1
PzKpfw IVF2
PzKpfw IVH
PzKpfw IVJ
PzKpfw VD
PzKpfw VG
PzKpfw VIE
PzKpfw VIE(L)
PzKpfw VIB
StuG IIIB
StuG IIIG
StuG IIIG (L)
StuH 42
StuH 42 (L)
StuPz IV
PzJg Tiger
Marder I
Marder III(t) M
PzJg III/IV
JgdPz 38(t)
JgdPz IV
JgdPz IV(L)
StuIG 33B
JgdPz IV/70
JgdPz V
JgdPz VI
SPW 250/1
SPW 250/sMG
SPW 250/7
SPW 250/8
SPW 250/9
SPW 250/10
SPW 251/1
SPW 251/sMG
SPW 251/2
SPW 251/9
SPW 251/10
SPW 251/22
PSW 222
PSW 222 (L)
PSW 231
PSW 231
PSW 232
PSW 233
PSW 234/1
PSW 234/2
PSW 234/3
PSW 234/4
sIG II
sIG 38(t)M
PzA II
PzA III/IV

RUSSIAN:
---------------
T-60 M40
T-60 M42
T-70
T-26 M33
T-26S M37/39
BT-5 M34
BT-7 M37
BT-7A
T-34 M40
T-34 M41
T-34 M43
T-43
T-34/85
M4/76(a)
T-44
KV-1 M39/40
KV-1E
KV-1 M41
KV-1 M42
KV-2
KV-1S
KV-85
IS-2
IS-2m
IS-3
SU-76M
SU-76i
SU-122
SU-152
ISU-122
ISU-152
SU-85
SU-100
SU-57(a)
BA-6

AMERICAN:
-------------------
M3A1
M5A1
M24
M4
M4A1
M4A2
M4A2 (L)
M4A3
M4A3(75)W
M4A3E2
M4A3E2 (L)
M4A1(76)W
M4A3(76)W
M4(105)
M4A3(105)
M26
M10 GMC
M18 GMC
M36 GMC
M36B1 GMC
M3A1
M3(MMG)
M3(HMG)
M4A1 MC
M21 MC
M3 GMC
M8
M8 HMC
M7 HMC

BRITISH:
---------------
Stuart V
Sherman II
Sherman III
Sherman V
Sherman IIA
Sherman IIC
Sherman VC
Sherman IB
Centaur IV
Cromwell IV
Cromwell VI
Cromwell VII
Cromwell VIII
Challenger
Comet
Valentine VIII
Valentine XI
Churchill V

An AFV can have the following states:

• Good Order (also means unit is in command); an AFV unit in good order state is fully functioning on the battlefield.

• Out of command, if an AFV unit fails its command check at the beginning of Fire Segment it will be marked as out of command. An AFV unit marked with Out of Command Marker can conduct only defensive fire if an enemy unit moves adjacent to it.

• Stunned, an AFV exposed Crew fails its morale check due to enemy fire. A Stunned AFV may not fire or move for the remainder of the turn. The AFV Crew will recover from Stunned State in the next turn in Administrative Segment; however the AFV Crew morale will never fully recover for the rest of the scenario.

• STUNNED, indicates that an AFV Crew got Stunned again. STUNNED AFV is now out of action for the rest of the scenario.

• Shocked, result of enemy fire. An AFV unit will try to recover from shocked state in Administrative Segment. Shocked AFV unit may not fire or move.

• Unconfirmed Kill, an AFV unit that fails to recover from Shocked State in Administrative Segment is now out of action for the rest of the scenario.

• Bogged, occurs when an AFV unit gets stuck in an AFV unsafe move terrain. See Appendix C Terrain chart for details.

• Mired, occurs when a bogged AFV unit fails bog removal check.

• Immobilized, an AFV unit either lost a track or wheels got damaged either due to enemy fire or a mired AFV unit failed its bog removal check.

Please see the attachment which shows all the German Squads/Half-Squads and Leaders in the game, there is also Crew type of personnel unit bit it is not shown on the example.

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Richie61

Welcome aboard Peter  :)

I have enjoyed beta testing your project  :D

Ed

aka Richie61
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

BlackJaguar

Quote from: Richie61 on December 02, 2015, 08:00:31 PM
Welcome aboard Peter  :)

I have enjoyed beta testing your project  :D

Ed

aka Richie61

Thank you for your kind words Richie61 :)

BlackJaguar

The artist behind all the graphics art in game is Steve Ford. Steve worked on quite a few games from SSG, like The Ardennes Offensive etc...

Dammit Carl!

[Claps hands whilst mincing about the room in a most-unmanly-like fashion]

Oooo...another game to look forward to!

'tis a wonderful time to be grogish!