Main Menu

War Thunder Thread

Started by republic, November 07, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Ships are being reset as we speak
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Tuna

Is ships open to the public? or is that a closed beta?

Destraex

Tuna I am not sure. Check this link out. It says ships is going to open beta with update 1.83 but does not give a date. It could be as soon as the reset happens. Could be live now. Check your American tech tree to see if it has a fleet tab.
https://warthunder.com/en/news/5827-fleet-reset-of-research-progress-for-fleet-awards-for-cbt-participants-en

Tuna

How is it? You were in the beta right?

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on October 17, 2018, 04:34:55 PM
Tuna I am not sure. Check this link out. It says ships is going to open beta with update 1.83 but does not give a date. It could be as soon as the reset happens. Could be live now. Check your American tech tree to see if it has a fleet tab.
https://warthunder.com/en/news/5827-fleet-reset-of-research-progress-for-fleet-awards-for-cbt-participants-en

1.83 not out yet. I guess it will go the way of helicopters open beta.You can buy ships for instant gratification or go to research tab. Though helicopters start at high tiers because they mix up with tanks of the same era.

Destraex

Yes 1.83 was the way I read it as well. But I did hope the latest update and wipe would bring 1.83 right away.

jomni

The patch is out.  Open beta is on.

Destraex

I hear that Russian small boats (torpedoe and patrol craft) are OP because they have no good larger ships (Destroyers)

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on October 23, 2018, 03:43:37 PM
I hear that Russian small boats (torpedoe and patrol craft) are OP because they have no good larger ships (Destroyers)

Some of the small craft are kind of odd (drop torps out back and get out of the way seems odd):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 24, 2018, 10:07:59 PM

Some of the small craft are kind of odd (drop torps out back and get out of the way seems odd):

Hudson over Norwegian sea battle:

Destraex

The whole depth charge thing seems odd to me. When a torpedo boat sallies along side an enemy DD and drops depth charges.
Such a large explosion should probably take the torpedo boat with it, no?

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on October 25, 2018, 05:03:13 PM
The whole depth charge thing seems odd to me. When a torpedo boat sallies along side an enemy DD and drops depth charges.

Yep.  Having depth charges go off should damage all ships in a particular radius.

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on October 25, 2018, 05:03:13 PM

I don't play ships but are you playing arcade or realistic? 

MengJiao

And "Africa" is pretty big even for one Ju-87: