Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Woff seems pretty random generator to me too, there's just nice menu screens and music that add to the immersion.  BOB WOV and falcon are the ones that truly have the war environment going on around the clock.  Both woff and IL2 BOX, the frontlines are fixed historically and move as they did historically.  Nothing you do can change the next mission, you just stay alive and keep your wing man alive.  If you look closely at the IL2 sp campaign that was updated/ redone with the kuban installment, it has all the same stuff as woff. 
Map Editor Tech Support / Re: Map Editor
« Last post by zu Pferd on Yesterday at 11:15:00 PM »
Hello Andy

thanks again for the clarification it came to fruition. I completed my first map
I also have to thank Enrico Acerbi for supplying the background picture on his blog at Napoleon Series Org,
and for an account and oob for the battle.

I don't have the scenario builder to see how the units will look on this scale...is the scenario builder is out already
would you have a link ?
Best Regards
Edo
Computer Wargaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by Sir Slash on Yesterday at 10:20:00 PM »
That's my cat, 'Frau Nils'. She's one of the 'pets' you can find in the game, dogs, cats, birds, even a baby dragon. In the first game they just followed you around but in this game they grant Party-Wide effects and boost stats and such. Here she is.
Forum-Based Games / Re: Italian Era GROGPUBLIC game thread
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 09:46:07 PM »
For a quick summary of the process:

1.) the Censor must declare he will Prosecute the target (not strictly done yet) and the type of investigation (ditto). Minor suspicions cannot be given Major Prosecutions, but a Major suspicion can be given a Minor Prosecution (with less penalty for the accused on conviction).

2.) the Censor must choose another (consenting) senator to act as Prosecutor -- the Censor is running the trial, not actually prosecuting.

3.) the Accused must choose someone to be his Advocate. He can choose himself, if he wishes. (Not the Prosecutor nor Censor though, duh.)

(Note that in a Special Prosecution for investigating a Faction Leader for assassination conspiracy, no Prosecutors or Advocates can be chosen.)

4.) All Players will be called by the Censor (in order or in no order, Censor's choice) to vote at the start of the Trial, in favor or against Acquittal. Any senator (including the Censor, Prosecutor, and Advocate) can vote for or against (or abstain). All knights and special Faction abilities will factor in. So will senators (not Factions) spending personal treasury cash to buy more votes!

5.) The Accused's Player may make a Popular Appeal, rolling 2d6 and then adding his Popularity (or subtracting if negative Pop). The total is compared to a special table and can add or subtract 4, 8, or 16 votes toward Acquittal. This can also result in a mob freeing or lynching the Accused! (And possibly his opponents or the Advocate!) Fabius has 2 Popularity, so there is no chance of him being slain by the mob, and in the worst possible case 12 votes against him. (It should be noted that this makes Populist senators much harder to convict!)

6.) Assuming the Trial doesn't end by Popular Appeal, the Prosecutor and Advocate make their cases: 2d6 + Advocate's Oratory - Prosecutor's Oratory. (This represents the net result of voting by the hundreds of other normally invisible senators, which could be as much as plus or minus 20.)

7.) This leads to the final tally: Net Player Votes + Net Popular Votes (if any) + Net Trial Votes + the Accused's Influence (13 for Fabius). Any result less than 0 is Conviction. Otherwise Acquittal. Accused loses the relevant Suspicion mark in any case.

8.) Upon Acquittal, the Advocate (if not the Accused) gains 3 Influence, and Prosecutor (not Censor) loses 3. If Freed by mob action, the Censor and Prosecutor both risk death by mortality chit (even for Minor Prosecutions).

9.) Upon any Conviction, the Accused will lose any Prior Consul chit, and the Prosecutor will gain Prior Consul status (if he doesn't have it already). For Minor Conviction, the Accused loses 5 Popularity, loses 5 Influence, and all his Concessions go directly to the Forum for potential reassignment. For Major Conviction, the Accused dies. Either way, the Prosecutor (not the Censor!) will gain half the Accused's lost Influence, rounded up.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Armored Brigade
« Last post by -budd- on Yesterday at 09:24:58 PM »
I used the scenario basically for plotting movement practice.

1 use free formation, it shouldn't rearrange then.
2 I've only seen the AI helos stay stationary, you can bounce your own helos  between BP's, haven't seen the AI do this yet.

Every time I hear a missile fire I'll pause and locate, it is pretty cool. I just played a mostly infantry battle on a small city map, set the AI to mechanized and watched a missile travel 1700 meters down main street for the kill.......Yes, and the quarterback is toast....sorry obscure movie quote.

Have fun at the cabin, after tomorrow 4 day weekend so after the Family, Food, and Football, it's AB time.

« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 09:05:22 PM »
Some technical details which might become relevant soon...  ^-^

Fulvius does NOT have to Investigate and Prosecute Fabius for a "Major" suspicion! -- he can choose to use one of his two "Minor" Prosecution attempts instead. In a victory, this will not result in death for Fabius, only some nerfing.

If the Censor (Fulvius in this case) is assassinated before declaring a Prosecution, there will be no Prosecutions this Turn. If he is assassinated during a Prosecution, then that will end the Prosecution.

If a Censor is assassinated, there will not be another Censor election until next Turn. Special Major Investigations of Faction Leaders of caught Assassins will still be Prosecuted, but by the current Presiding Magistrate. (So assassinating a Censor isn't safe from retributive investigation.)

Prosecutions cannot be vetoed by the PontMax's special one-veto-per-Turn ability.

I should mention here that AzTank could have used his PontMax's veto ability to scotch the Consul Proposal! But the only thing that would have happened (aside from the conspirators fadging up another similar Contract) would have been the Proposal of Julius, a slightly less capable general, and Appius again, as Consuls. So I didn't bother asking AzTank if he wanted to veto it. He might need it later (though I wasn't expecting Fabius per se to be Prosecuted -- I suspected the Frog had someone in mind, but I didn't know who.)

Computer Wargaming / Re: Looks like Rising Storm moving on to Vietnam
« Last post by Toonces on Yesterday at 09:00:01 PM »
LOL, you know what I mean.  Maybe you better give me the correct term before Jarhead reads this.   :-[
Computer Wargaming / Re: Armored Brigade
« Last post by Moreb on Yesterday at 08:46:25 PM »
Budd. Played almost all the way through that scenario. On my way to a huge victory with not too many losses.

A couple of questions

1. How did you arrange the units initially and set the orders without the system rearranging them to something else? It keeps doing that to me.

2. Do helicopters stay mostly stationary? The enemy helicopter showed up and stayed in one place until it was taken down by an eventual SAM.

Good little battle. The enemy just needs a bit more to have a chance. I'm reading a bit online about the various equipment. Near modern is new to me so the weapons and their correct usage are still a mystery. It is awesome watching the various missiles take flight. I think I'm hooked.

Thanks again. If I wasn't so tired I'd finish mopping up tonight. We are going out of town for 4 days to our cabin again so I'll have plenty of time to mess with the system. So far I really like it.
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 08:44:53 PM »
Just so we're clear: you can launch only one Major Prosecution per Turn, win or lose.

And if you win, Fabius will die.

Which, being a family Senator, will mean that his card loses all its chits and goes to the Curia to await respawning back into the Forum (from which some other Faction, or possibly AzTank again, may convince the new Fabian scion to join.)

If you succeed, you'll also need to Propose a new Pontifex Maximus, since that's Fabius right now. All conferred priesthoods will remain active for life regardless. (Although, AzTank might decide to reassign Fulvius' priesthood to someone else! -- which will deduct a point of Influence from Fulv and from the Plutocrats. He can do this at any time, at will, during any Senate Phase, including at any time during the Prosecution, though not between the verdict and the result.)

Incidentally, AzTank still needs to tell me which of his senators paid the 2 Talents and won the knight for his new or extra minion earlier this Turn. It wouldn't have made any difference in the voting results up to now, but it could prove handy soon. I still recommend giving Marcus Furius Camillus (your Faction Leader) a second minion thereby, since he's guaranteed to pass down all his chits as inheritance to his next family member.

As for odds, I'll work out the details on that next.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Looks like Rising Storm moving on to Vietnam
« Last post by jomni on Yesterday at 08:42:36 PM »
You know how sometimes in RO2/RS you'd play a squad leader and get a machine gun and that was awesome?  Well, Vietnam is like that ALL THE TIME EVEN FOR THE GRUNTS.

Worth it?  YES.

Hahaha. Everyone has “machine guns”.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10