Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks for the heads up.
Grabbed it. Thanks!
Computer Wargaming / Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Last post by Ian C on Today at 06:55:52 AM »
I've seen posts that when the AI does work, some players claim it beat them because it was cheating.
Personally, with HOI 4, I play historically and don't do gamey exploits. It tends to give me a better more enjoyable game.
If I want something more challenging and unexpected, I'll set the game to play ahistorically.
Also, I occasionally play Black Ice, which has a greater amount of depth (but a sprawling tech tree -though great for hardcore WW2 buffs).

« Last post by Pete Dero on Today at 06:42:22 AM »
This is the problem with internet forums; The people pointing out issues far outnumber people who have few issues or don't get would up about the issues.  I have played HOI3 & 4 for years and never stopped playing because I see the AI doing something stupid.  Its throwing the baby out with the bath water.

If the AI was so good they always lost, they would complain about that (and the game might even sell less).
« Last post by Rayfer on Today at 06:20:44 AM »
I have never bought this as I have read that the AI  is universally agreed the AI is utter shite. I never understood given the game is so utterly dependant on its AI why it gets such a high rating.

I think it's because like most popular games that have flaws, there are redeeming qualities about it. Mainly, that if you can overlook its flaws, it's fun - although overlooking its problems isn't easy for everyone.

Well stated IC.....in spite of its warts and flaws it's a great, fun game, an open sandbox to try just about any combination of land/air/sea force composition and strategies. It is not a simulation of WW2 like WitE and WitW.  The AI can be 'gamed' to expose its flaws, if that's what you want to do. But all in all....I enjoy it, and currently have 227 hours into it.
Enigmas of the Mystical / Re: More Pix For A Laugh
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 06:02:27 AM »
^Actually, they did. Double Dragon was an 80s arcade game where you (and a friend) worked together until the very end and were then forced to fight each other. I remember playing with a friend of mine and when we reached the end we just stopped playing and refused to fight each other.  :buck2:

losers :P

And then they released a movie based on the game, and we were all losers....
« Last post by Ian C on Today at 05:38:49 AM »
I have never bought this as I have read that the AI  is universally agreed the AI is utter shite. I never understood given the game is so utterly dependant on its AI why it gets such a high rating.

I think it's because like most popular games that have flaws, there are redeeming qualities about it. Mainly, that if you can overlook its flaws, it's fun - although overlooking its problems isn't easy for everyone.
« Last post by RyanE on Today at 05:22:45 AM »

While the AI is not perfect, it does a fairly decent job when considering the complexity of the game.  In fact, I would say that the AI does a better job than me and my friends do playing the game.  We make a lot more stupid mistakes that it does.

This is the problem with internet forums; The people pointing out issues far outnumber people who have few issues or don't get would up about the issues.  I have played HOI3 & 4 for years and never stopped playing because I see the AI doing something stupid.  Its throwing the baby out with the bath water.
« Last post by fabius on Today at 05:13:42 AM »
AI has some problems. Though they seem to be improving it with each major patch.

AI compared to other grand strategy games, I don't know that I call it shite. But yeah, I have frustrations with it too.

Expert AI mod really makes WW2 more interesting and challenging.

I also role play a little bit. Like playing as Germany I gave Soviets a lot of manper to keep them in the fight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10