Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Enigmas of the Mystical / Re: More Pix For A Laugh
« Last post by bobarossa on Today at 08:29:43 AM »
The Taco Bell suffering has a time delay to it.
Braveheart got me some action too. I used to tell all the girls I was Mel Gibson's stand-in for the kilt scene.  ::)
I played that very first Silent Service on my C64.
I remember standing in Sears drooling on the floor watching F-15 Strike Eagle playing on a IBM screen. And that was back when I didn't drool all the time like I do now. And the very first Silent Service....  :dreamer:
Computer Wargaming / Re: Star Traders: Frontiers
« Last post by airboy on Today at 08:20:41 AM »
The game has a well defined back story.  There is a short (24 pages with not so many words) explaining the universe, the power players, and the biggest events in the universe over the last 700 years or so.  The main plot leans heavily on this backstory for the "why" behind the plot changes.  The backstory also explains how the trading system came about.

I read the backstory before I started playing and it helped me get a handle on how to succeed in the Universe without taking a total power gaming perspective.

This was a well done part of the game.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Battletech is back!!!
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 08:18:19 AM »
I get the feeling that because of the community any dlc will be welcomed, even if it is not that significant.
I have your Spider Man Gameboy cartridge and a copy of your Move the Rug simulator.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Battletech is back!!!
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 08:05:09 AM »
First DLC announced...coming in November! Doesn't seem too beefy though. Chained missions, new mechs and some new terrains/biomes...

Current Events / Silent Sam Toppled
« Last post by airboy on Today at 08:03:34 AM »
At my alma mater, the statue to students who died serving the Confederacy was toppled by criminals the day before classes started.

See: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article217035815.html
and
http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2018/08/silent-sam-down
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Star Trek series coming in 2017
« Last post by bbmike on Today at 07:44:46 AM »
Interesting, thanks for posting!  O0

And...

It wasn't a 'battle of rights' that killed the Kelvin garbage.

And...

There is nothing remotely similar to TOS in Trek Wars: Beyond.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10