Good photo hosting site?

Started by DoctorQuest, April 24, 2012, 03:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

I used to host my jpgs, etc. on my Cox web space site but they've since closed that down. What do you guys recommend as a good photo hosting site that is easy to use, free and provides a decent amount of storage?

I'd like to be able to post screen shots and the like.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

LongBlade

I use Photobucket.

And some Facebook, which exports pictures to a Kodak picture frame my folks have on their network.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

spelk

For "drop off" photo's to link to elsewhere, I use Photobucket.

For any family private stuff for sharing I use Google Photo's. Used to use Flickr, but they were a pain in arse in the end.

Barthheart

I use ImageShack. It's free as long as yer pics are less than 10MB in size.

TheCommandTent

Photobucket with the plugin for Firefox is great!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

Another photobucket user here.

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 24, 2012, 06:52:04 PM

I know I already voted, but I'll +1 the Firefox plugin. I think Command Tent turned me on to it and it rocks.

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on April 24, 2012, 07:22:39 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 24, 2012, 06:52:04 PM

I know I already voted, but I'll +1 the Firefox plugin. I think Command Tent turned me on to it and it rocks.

:'( Forgotten already...

Actually, I've been having trouble with my Firefox lately and I've mostly switch to Chrome. It's fast, secure, and has many cool features. It *does not*, however, have a photobucket plugin. Man oh man do I miss it. Until Chrome gets its own PB widgit I'll still be using FF at least part time.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Bummer. Firefox is still firing on all cylinders for me.

MIGMaster

I've ditched FFfor Chrome as well. I was just getting way to many strange situations and lock-ups. The funny thing is with each new update it seemed to get worse ! I don't find Chrome as fast in some instances, but so far it has been reliable.

TheCommandTent

About 6 months ago I switched to FF from IE after having the same problems you had with FF.  I haven't had any problems so far and am wondering what took me so long to switch.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MIGMaster

Once you get used to something it becomes habit forming..... I still miss DOS  :'(

DoctorQuest

DoxBox, baby!

Thanks for all the help. I'm going with Photobucket. Already posted my first screenshot!!!!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on April 25, 2012, 09:23:56 AM
Once you get used to something it becomes habit forming..... I still miss DOS  :'(

<chuckle>

You probably miss having a whole 8 MB of RAM, too!

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on April 25, 2012, 11:46:12 AM
Quote from: MIGMaster on April 25, 2012, 09:23:56 AM

<chuckle>

You probably miss having a whole 8 MB of RAM, too!

640k of RAM is all anybody needs!