Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Because Shirley Bassey

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Staggerwing

Not every one's cup o' tea but I know some of you are out there:

Staggerwing

Windigo

Took me hours of reviewing this video before I noticed their lip syncing sucked.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

did you ever see the spoof the guys in Afghanistan did?

[yt]https://youtu.be/0PKiUjRSKI8[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

In case y'all hadn't gotten around to it yet

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

Still soundin' great with age, live.  Including the tandem drummers in this one.   :coolsmiley:
(live Frankfurt '07)

It's fun, digging up the olde catchy niche bands from yore.  Now that genre music is drab and uninspired plastic formulae.

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 13, 2019, 04:08:33 PM
Let's spread some joy !  \m/

Death metal music inspires joy not violence : https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47543875

And I'm sure Trash metal will work as well :

ohhh yeah.

Nefaro

BanzaiCat

Pete Dero

I heard this passing by on the radio and I thought this was an old song by The Ronettes or by Ronny Spector but I found out P.P. Arnold has a new album.
You probably know her from Angel of the Morning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US94q0e20Us) but that was released in 1968 !!

Huw the Poo

I've just discovered a fantastic metal band called Edge of Paradise.  They're pretty inventive and also quite different musically (they describe their music as "space metal" apparently), but their ace in the hole is definitely the singer - she is extraordinary!  I haven't been able to stop listening to them all week.

Here's a song, Electrify from the album Universe, that showcases the singer pretty well:

Pete Dero

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 16, 2019, 05:31:43 AM
Here's a song, Electrify from the album Universe, that showcases the singer pretty well:

This showcases her even better  :smitten:.

The band reminds me of the Dutch Epica (https://www.youtube.com/user/epica).  Maybe you will like them as well.

Huw the Poo

Haha fair point.

Yes I'm definitely aware of Epica, they're about as big as it gets in the symphonic metal scene!  Formed from the ashes of another favourite band of mine, After Forever. :)