Main Menu

GrogCast - Season 6!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 23, 2018, 06:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on March 05, 2018, 08:03:47 PM
And Brant, since when is Germany and France EAST of Poland?  ???  :2funny:

The intent was to describe how stuff to the east of France/Germany is relative under-covered in many US games. If I misspoke, it was probably a contract high from Mirth's inebriation
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Well, technically it's east of Poland. If you go east for about 22,000 miles or so, you'll get to it. ;D

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 05, 2018, 08:36:11 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 05, 2018, 08:03:47 PM
And Brant, since when is Germany and France EAST of Poland?  ???  :2funny:

The intent was to describe how stuff to the east of France/Germany is relative under-covered in many US games. If I misspoke, it was probably a contract high from Mirth's inebriation

Sure. Blame me.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

It was probably the producer's fault.

As much radio as Brant's worked in, he should know it's always the producer's fault.

Emeraldlis

Well,if you four were in a bar waxing lyrical about gaming ,and having a few drinks ,that's a bar I'd wanna be in  :bd: great episode guys !
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

You are entirely too kind.  And obviously, someone has paid you off to say that ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Good season so far!

And yes, Scythe is crap. I backed it based on hype and "Oh, pretty!" and the game play is just meh. Too much of it makes no narrative sense, either, which is a pet peeve of mine.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 07, 2018, 01:55:48 PM
Good season so far!

And yes, Scythe is crap. I backed it based on hype and "Oh, pretty!" and the game play is just meh. Too much of it makes mo narrative sense, either, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Glad I'm not the only one. I saw a few vids of gameplay (which I generally do) and while I thought the minis were just awesome, the gameplay seemed way too fiddly and dull. The guy that played it was REALLY into it, but that wasn't a positive thing.

bayonetbrant

Episode 3 is out today for your listening and/or enjoyment :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Skip over World War I???
And BC, I think the old PC Civil War game you were thinking of was No Greater Glory. A brutal, brutal game that I was never able to win.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Emeraldlis

I listened and enjoyed  :)  I've played 7 wonders on my phone a few times now, still haven't won the AI.... Pffft! I win quite a lot of the battles, but still manage to lose the game  :-" I shall continue until I triumph, mhwahahaha  >:D its a great game to play though, and its cool to be building something ancient, I kinda get a kick outta that!
I remember watching the video for mosebys raiders, thought it looked fun to play, but I also liked the way it looked, it looked convincingly civil war to me.
I think the American revolution is going to be an interesting listen next week  O0 anything on the English civil war would be good too, if you guys ever get around to that subject  :bd:
The flight sim stuff sounded cool, I thought this was a great episode guys  O0

Quote from: MetalDog on March 06, 2018, 07:57:45 PM
You are entirely too kind.  And obviously, someone has paid you off to say that ;)

Well,  there was a brown paper envelope with a wad of cash slipped under my door, marked "grogcast"  :hide: but seeing as how I genuinely enjoyed the episode, and would have left a comment anyway  :) I can now use the cash to buy y'all a drink  ;)  so get yer funny stories ready  ;D And a designated driver, cos ain't none of us gonna be walking out of that bar sober!  <:-)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Arctic Blast

^^Focusing too much on military cards and battles is a great way to lose in 7 Wonders. Believe me, I know. I make the same damn mistake every damn time I play the game. Apparently I'm incapable of learning.  :uglystupid2:

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 10, 2018, 12:17:25 AM
^^Focusing too much on military cards and battles is a great way to lose in 7 Wonders. Believe me, I know. I make the same damn mistake every damn time I play the game. Apparently I'm incapable of learning.  :uglystupid2:

That's cool to know Arctic Blast, thanks for the tip  O0 I do keep radiating towards the military cards, thinking that if I Blast the heck out of the opposition I'll break them down, lol.... But apparently thats not the case  :uglystupid2:   I'll take your advice on board and change tactics, and maybe.... Just maybe, I might get a win  :hide: