Feedback on the Zombie Apocalypse Series

Started by bayonetbrant, July 03, 2015, 05:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I'm thinking aerosolized A-1 steak sauce would be a good starting point.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Jonathan Glazer

Here is the conundrum:  assuming that the source of the ZA is already known to science, those that possess the source pathogen are also the same people who will be responsible for its propogation. The ones who can stop it before ( or after) it starts are the ones that want it to happen.  That is, if you believe in conspiracy theories.

Staggerwing

Just out of curiosity, would things such as VX or Sarin have any effect on Zeds? Is there still any part of the nervous system still involved with locomotion and other kinds of body movement once the subjects turn Big Z?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jonathan Glazer

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 01, 2015, 05:49:05 AM
Just out of curiosity, would things such as VX or Sarin have any effect on Zeds? Is there still any part of the nervous system still involved with locomotion and other kinds of body movement once the subjects turn Big Z?

An awesome question. Sarin and VX operate by interrupting neurotransmitters causing paralysis and spasm and eventually death by asphyxiation.  Zeds are anaerobic and cannot asphyxiate.  Their mobility can be greatly affected by nerve agents, but the threat cannot be eliminated.  Of greater significance is that nerve agents are a denial of use weapon.  This means you release it, it hangs around causing nastiness to whomever comes into the affected area. Unless you are wearing full NBC gear, you can't be there and wearing the gear is uncomfortable and makes all activities difficult.  So, releasing nerve agents to make ghouls less mobile is impractical.

Staggerwing

What causes the Zeds' limbs and jaws to keep moving? Human muscle tissue can only operate under an anaerobic cycle for so long before it starts to poison itself through lactic acid buildup and start to break down. If the muscle tissue is replaced by some kind of randomly evolving bacterial biomass then the replacement would not be able to articulate the remaining bone structure...

... unless the 'bacterial agent' were really a bioengineered type of nanofactory organism capable of both self replication and also constructing new materials including complex structures capable of attaching to frameworks such as skeletal systems and forming actuators and feedback systems by consuming and reprocessing the remaining biomaterial of the host.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Jonathan Glazer

If I had those answers, I could stop the ZA before it happens.  Sadly, I can only kill them one at a time.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

I know I'm breaking the first rule of GH by mentioning the Front Page but I have to say this is an interesting series.

Personally, I have learned that wearing tinfoil hats makes people immune to zombie attack, as well has having the benefit of keeping out the CIA's thought control rays. I strongly recommend y'all go out and buy some Reynolds foil, but please do so only after the markets have had a chance to open tomorrow.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on February 07, 2016, 01:22:06 PM
please do so only after the markets have had a chance to open tomorrow.

Sounds like LB is trying to boost his aluminum commodity gains.

Jonathan Glazer

The problem with tin foil hats is that they are inherently noisy.  Not a good thing when you are getting your stealth on.

LongBlade

Quote from: Jonathan Glazer on February 11, 2016, 10:34:06 PM
The problem with tin foil hats is that they are inherently noisy.  Not a good thing when you are getting your stealth on.

Hmmm.

I'll have to think about this.

Maybe if I fold them before I go outside. Think that would work?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jonathan Glazer

Quote from: LongBlade on February 12, 2016, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: Jonathan Glazer on February 11, 2016, 10:34:06 PM

Hmmm.

I'll have to think about this.

Maybe if I fold them before I go outside. Think that would work?

It is a given that a true operator like you would fold the tin foil hat while in deep cover.  However, they still have a tendency to move around and make noise when you are on the run. 

mirth

What are the chances I can pull a Bill Murray in Zombieland and pretend to be Undead?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus