Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IncompetentIdiot

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 25, 2019, 11:48:49 AMThe updated details, I suppose, would look like this. I have bolded portions where information is still needed like this.

Thank you; I will nominate Claudius and Plautius.

JasonPratt

Got it. I think everyone but AzTank and the Frog essentially indicated agreement with the Contract, but I'll ping them and give everyone a chance for more corrections -- or, especially, a chance to make requests for nominations! (Since I.I. will have to nominate various senators for positions along the way.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

I'll start processing things tomorrow afternoon. Once I get going, I'll only stop for input from I.I. about Proposals, so unless you-all want to just accept a blank check on whatever he does, be sure to put in your preferences for which of your senators should get what offices!

Aside from that, I won't be stopping until, gosh, the Revolution Phase -- maybe!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Erax

JasonPratt

*** THE 13TH TURN CO-DEFENSE ANTI-CARTHAGINIAN MUTUAL PROSPERITY CONTRACT ***

Step 1: Per Contracted vote agreement, Dictator Scipio Proposes and installs the new Claudian senator of the Plutocrats, and Plautius of the Progressives, as Consuls.

Step 2: The Consuls (Erax and the Frog) agree, per Contract, on Claudius for Roman Consul and Plautius for Field Consul. Scipio ceases to be Dictator, and hands Presiding Magistrate duties over to Claudius.

Claudius becomes HRAO (with no Dictator again, yet), and so also Presiding Magistrate. Influence goes up 5 from 4 to 9; Plutocrat total from 25 to 30. He also gains a Prior Consul chip.

Plautius of the Progressives becomes Field Consul, now obtaining a Prior Consul chip as well. Influence goes up 5 from 14 to 19; total up from 24 to 29. (Unsure why the pre-Senate photo shows 22 Influence...?)

Note to self: gah, I suddenly realized I never got around to doing pre-Senate snapshots!  #:-) Well, too late now, forging on...  O:-)  :-[

JasonPratt

(No new PontMax needed this Turn.)

Step 3: The Consuls agree per Contract to re-appoint Scipio as Dictator. Scipio becomes HRAO and Presiding Magistrate again, and gains 7 Inf (again), up from 42 to 49. Total Aristo Inf up from 94 to 101.

The Aristocrat special ability generates an extra point of Influence which must be given to Quinctuius (Inf 29) or Valerius (Inf 23).

As umpire I will point out that Scipio is now leading his nearest competitor, Manlius of the Militarists, by 15 points; and the Aristocrats have pulled ahead in total Influence by 8 (soon to be 9) points.

I.I. is consequently 5 and 22 (soon 21) points, respectively, from winning the game by himself automatically, per the more realistic house rule adjustment.

JasonPratt

Step 4: The Dictator (I.I.) appoints a Militarist MoH, specifically whom at his discretion.

This has not been indicated yet, so I must pause here. Each has 9 Mil. Julius has slightly less personal influence than Manlius at this time (31 vs 34).

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 26, 2019, 06:25:03 PM
Step 4: The Dictator (I.I.) appoints a Militarist MoH, specifically whom at his discretion.

This has not been indicated yet, so I must pause here. Each has 9 Mil. Julius has slightly less personal influence than Manlius at this time (31 vs 34).

I'm good with either as MoH. 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

IncompetentIdiot

Quote from: Tripoli on March 27, 2019, 10:35:32 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 26, 2019, 06:25:03 PM

I'm good with either as MoH.

I'll appoint Manlius.

JasonPratt

Step 4: Scipio appoints Manlius, Faction Leader of the Militarists, as Master of Horse (again). His Inf goes up 3 from 34 to 37. Total Influence goes up from 93 to 96.

Next, I.I.'s Scipio must Propose a specific Conservative senator as Censor. AzTank has (more or less) agreed in joining the Contracted plan, that he will not launch Prosecutions of anyone this Turn. But I don't think he has requested a particular senator yet, nor has I.I. given me a name to process yet...?

I've dropped a line to AzTank to see if he has a preference -- all three of his senators have good reason to be Censor, although his newest family Senator Terentius can't yet (since he hasn't been a Consul yet).

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

I'll process this afternoon.

I think the only remaining fill-in-blank coming up is which senators get the new Governorships.

(Erax has already stated whom he'd like to get the temporary Concession benefit, namely his PontMax senator.)