Windows Browsers Poll

Started by solops, November 01, 2019, 02:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

Used Opera for ages but they changed to a tablet friendly approach which I hated.  Eventually switched to Firefox but it's irratating me more an more.  I may give Vivaldi a go.

Martok

I primarily use FF, and occasionally Chrome.  I really don't like how FF continues to be a resource hog, but I find it's generally way better at blocking ads and website tracking (thanks in part to extensions I can't get on Chrome). 

I avoid IE and Edge like the virtual plagues they are. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 02, 2019, 11:33:57 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 01, 2019, 11:20:07 PM
I'm using Bing which is not on your list although it is from the Microsoft blob.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but Bing is a search engine, not a broswer. :)

Not trolling - just ignorant. 

solops

Security is a big deal with me. That is why I hesitate on uncommon browsers like Opera and Vivaldi. Now you have me worried about Opera. Maybe Vivaldi is worth a go...?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Silent Disapproval Robot

solops

My son-in-law is a dedicated computer aficionado, as well as an engineer at TI. He thinks Brave is the best for security, but he uses Chrome most of the time. His thought is that if you use gmail, Google already owns you
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin