Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Geezer on December 12, 2018, 06:03:02 PM
I hope you are right Jarhead because I want the game to see the light of day like all the other backers.  But, if I read it right it sure sounds like Robert's is selling company shares to himself and stashing them in a shell company in Cayman bank accounts.  Why go through all that if it's all above board?  Why not just have a CGI account down there and use it.  As an aside I did a lot of scuba diving around Grand Cayman back in the 80's.  A beautiful place in all respects.  Maybe I should have opened a couple of accounts for myself when I was down there, but all my money went to diving and rum punch.   :P

The myth that this game has been in development for 6 years and there is nothing to show for it is a complete and utter fallacy and this has been abundantly clear since at least alpha 3.0. We're now at alpha 3.3.7, almost at 3.4, and the game is showing undeniable promise of achieving something that no other game before it has even come close to. Its very enjoyable in its present state and the future is extremely bright.

Derek Smart's twitter rant is mindless drivel, and its all over the place. On the one hand he insinuates that CIG is lying about the amount of money it has raised and on the other hand, he is claiming they are siphoning millions of dollars into offshore bank accounts. He can't have his cake and eat it too...he needs to choose one conspiracy theory and stick with it. Derek Smart has ZERO credibility and he is the laughing stock of the game development community. The only people who take him seriously are the three guys who are utter DS fanboys and anyone who might be hating on Star Citizen, and who therefore want to believe that these wild nonsensical allegations are true.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Youtuber law is saying the court case seems to be looking ok for cgi
https://youtu.be/Uw-Df748okk
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Alpha 3.4.0 is on the PTU. Hopefully, will be released for live build by the end of next week.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Very nice. Had hoped we would get it before Chrissy.

Destraex

A very interesting article that discloses the financial side of Star Citizen which has now been made or is being made public. That and the announcement of summer 2020 being Squadron42's current release forecast.
https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/20/star-citizen-creator-cloud-imperium-games-raised-46-million-to-launch-big-game-in-2020/?fbclid=IwAR3DXudfHJaFMuulmHOVKHJUy5uCv2j78MghOT7I0myQDjhXgnTVoqDsj38

Pete Dero

Small detail : summer 2020 is the current beta release forecast.

JudgeDredd

I jumped in the other day after a long hiatus away from it. Could not - for the life of me - work out how to take off from the platform. I spent half an hour in there before I just logged out.

I couldn't understand it. I have managed to take off in the past with no issues - or at least I don't recall having to hunt around. Joystick was plugged in. Everything seemed ok. I got power switched on fine. I checked the key references both simple and advanced and there was nothing there jumping out saying "this will help you take off". I used the usual for thrust, landing gear...all sorts that had a bearing at least on flight.

I also checked the other key layouts in case there was anything there.

My main thought was the ship was tethered to the station but I could not for the life of me find a way to get off the platform.

Quit in the end and will likely have the same issue when I fire the game up in 3 months - so advanced forgiveness is being booked now for any repetitiveness.  :DD
Alba gu' brath

Destraex

Yeah usually space bar just gets your thrusters pushing you up off the pad. That's it as long as your systems AND engines have been turned on. You can turn them both on at once with the "flight ready" option or individually via "engine on" and "systems on".

I suspect you did not turn your engines on.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Destraex on December 21, 2018, 04:55:21 AM
Yeah usually space bar just gets your thrusters pushing you up off the pad. That's it as long as your systems AND engines have been turned on. You can turn them both on at once with the "flight ready" option or individually via "engine on" and "systems on".

I suspect you did not turn your engines on.
Probably this. I might check again tonight

I had tried spacebar because - iirc - it was specified in the key layout.
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

So, if the beta of Squad 42 starts somewhere summer 2020, does that provide us with some perspective on where the open world SC stands? Do people in the know expect it to be more of less feature complete for release (but still in beta) prior or after the beta of S42 goes live?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

There are presently 3 options relevant to take-off. Power on, engines on, flight ready. If you just want to take off, flight ready is the quickest to get you there. It turns power and engines on. I have my thrust mapped to hats on my stick. Flight ready, thrust up, kick in the throttle and away I go.

Don't give up for 3 months because you forgot to turn the engines on. It's totally worth playing now, I think from any interested gamer's perspective.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 21, 2018, 07:29:39 AM
There are presently 3 options relevant to take-off. Power on, engines on, flight ready. If you just want to take off, flight ready is the quickest to get you there. It turns power and engines on. I have my thrust mapped to hats on my stick. Flight ready, thrust up, kick in the throttle and away I go.

Don't give up for 3 months because you forgot to turn the engines on. It's totally worth playing now, I think from any interested gamer's perspective.
Thanks JH. I didn't recall there being 3 steps. For some reason I just thought I powered up last time. I may well have went and looked around last time to see how to take off...I just can't remember.

I wasn't going to not play for 3 months because I didn't get off the station....it's just a routine I've got in with the game...load, fly, exit and repeat for a half dozen days or so then revisit it a month or two (or three) later.

I'll fire it up tonight.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2018, 08:03:05 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 21, 2018, 07:29:39 AM

Thanks JH. I didn't recall there being 3 steps. For some reason I just thought I powered up last time. I may well have went and looked around last time to see how to take off...I just can't remember.

I wasn't going to not play for 3 months because I didn't get off the station....it's just a routine I've got in with the game...load, fly, exit and repeat for a half dozen days or so then revisit it a month or two (or three) later.

I'll fire it up tonight.

The system has changed over time, and I suspect it still will as the flight mechanics are further developed. I liked the extra added degree of complexity. It makes it a little more immersive I think.

Try running some of the missions. They are fun. I started with the delivery missions, but they were bugged and often times not capable of being completed. 3.4 is supposed to fix most of those bugs. Without doing the missions, just walking and flying around in PU gets boring.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Any ideas JH?

I've had this the last couple of days (since I basically came back from my hiatus from it and had to upgrade). I didn't mention it the other day because after a couple of tries doing the Verify thing, it ended up working. However, it just keeps crashing tonight.

I've deleted the data.p4k file and re-downloading it
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

^Never had that one before. I'm getting in ok. Maybe delete and reinstall the game launcher?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog