Losses and rebuilding

Started by Marty Ward, February 22, 2015, 11:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

I just pick up WWII in Europe and have some questions.
How many losses are needed to destroy a unit? Is it the number in the AF or is it based on the size of the unit?
In order to rebuild a unit do you need to have enough replacement to build it to full strength or can you build it at less than full strength?
Thanks.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

TacticalWargames

I think the unit loses attack points when in combat so a unit with 5 Attack Points will be detsoyed after taking 5 losses. However I'm not so certain whether it goes by calculated or uncalculated number.

Marty Ward

Quote from: TacticalWargames on February 24, 2015, 09:56:16 AM
I think the unit loses attack points when in combat so a unit with 5 Attack Points will be detsoyed after taking 5 losses. However I'm not so certain whether it goes by calculated or uncalculated number.
I can't figure it out. Sometimes my units just seem to vanish )
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

Barthheart

When your combat losses are greater than your defence factor (DF) your unit will be destroyed.

I've not done a rebuild unit action yet and I'm sure I read it's not work quite right yet but should be fixed in 1.03 patch.
You need to have the full amount of DF to rebuild a unit... at least that's what the rules say.

Marty Ward

Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2015, 12:05:06 PM
When your combat losses are greater than your defence factor (DF) your unit will be destroyed.

I've not done a rebuild unit action yet and I'm sure I read it's not work quite right yet but should be fixed in 1.03 patch.
You need to have the full amount of DF to rebuild a unit... at least that's what the rules say.

Do you think that holds for when you are attacking too? I seem to lose units rather easily.

Barthheart

Yes, I believe it's true then too.

What scenarios are you playing?

Marty Ward

Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2015, 12:13:32 PM
Yes, I believe it's true then too.

What scenarios are you playing?

I've been fiddling around with the NA scenarios, lots of smaller sized units. It seems that a lot of times I'll lose a unit when I only take 1 loss and none of my units have a 1 factor for attack or defense so  it didn't seem to make sense. I thought maybe brigades and regiments only had 1 loss to take but then some of my brigades get 3-4 losses and are still around.
I also can't figure out how the units that get the losses are assigned. I suppose it is random but it seems that my weaker units get them more often.

Barthheart

I think losses are distributed evenly amongst all the combatants.... but yeah the smaller ones are probably getting hit first/worse.

Units will also get destroyed if they can't retreat.... pretty rare but it can happen.

Ron regularly checks the Schwerpunkt forum over on the "site that shant be named"... you might get better answers there.

Marty Ward

Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2015, 12:39:20 PM
I think losses are distributed evenly amongst all the combatants.... but yeah the smaller ones are probably getting hit first/worse.

Units will also get destroyed if they can't retreat.... pretty rare but it can happen.

Ron regularly checks the Schwerpunkt forum over on the "site that shant be named"... you might get better answers there.

Thanks.

TacticalWargames

I always check the combat analysis first before going for an attack.

rdockal

Answers here were correct.  When the combat losses = the DF number, the the unit is deleted.  You can see it on the Eliminated report.  The game assigns losses randomly to units on the attack and defense in a combat.

Ron

Marty Ward

Quote from: rdockal on March 01, 2015, 09:54:07 PM
Answers here were correct.  When the combat losses = the DF number, the the unit is deleted.  You can see it on the Eliminated report.  The game assigns losses randomly to units on the attack and defense in a combat.

Ron

Thanks.