And the current Islamic terrorist attack is...

Started by steve58, June 25, 2016, 09:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Quote from: Zulu1966 on July 22, 2016, 02:14:34 PM
Quote from: Boggit on July 19, 2016, 10:39:01 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 19, 2016, 05:50:43 PM
do you not think the foundations for reasoned discussion are eroded with every axe attack on a train, every child underneath the wheels of a lorry, every wife and mother groped and abused whilst out shopping?

im in the UK, my daughter is safe my parents are safe but im not sure how id feel about reasoned discussion and intelligent progress if i get the knock on the door explaining another muslim with an agenda has decided its my families turn to be in the news - theres a lot of anger everywhere, and like Ubercat said, its easy to poke fun at those demanding extreme justice, but what does anyone else suggest - because multiculturism is so far down the toilet its not going to be about sitting around a table discussing who everyone can be appeased
+1.
I share the same view. If it were my family in the frame, I'd want vengeance. The problem when it's someone else is that we are distanced from the problem and less passionate. The regular attacks on civilians means that the well of tolerance is drying up. I want to see Muslims being seen to oppose those who "act in their name". Mere words are not enough any more.
But at least some are trying... http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17275.msg458155#msg458155

Sadly, Maajid Nawaz has had death threats from the Muslim community for trying to encourage reform and challenge excessive conservatism.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MikeGER

Quote from: Marty Ward on July 22, 2016, 03:44:43 PM
If I was betting I'd go with Islamic terrorism.

and a longer version http://www.bild.de/video/clip/terroranschlag/taeter-parkhausdach-46954208.bild.html with a zoom-in at the end on the shooter

if this is the same guy like in the video from the McD .... its a German (born) mad man ...he has a back and for hollering duel with some angry Bavarian living in the house on a different story then the video is shot from  ... and the guy is bitching: he was in stationary (I guess psychiatric) treatment, and had to get himself a gun, ...

Boggit

I guess it's possible, although three attackers are mentioned in the reports. Maybe it isn't an Islamist attack, nor extreme right, but just a psychiatric case as you suggest. Of course there might not be three attackers either, as witnesses are notoriously unreliable. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Staggerwing

My sympathies to the victims, regardless of what reason this outrage was perpetrated upon them.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Boggit

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 22, 2016, 06:00:01 PM
My sympathies to the victims, regardless of what reason this outrage was perpetrated upon them.
+1000000000000

Boggit

It turns out there is just one gunman. An 18 year old dual nationality German Iranian, who had been living in Munich for several years. There is a report of the 'Allahu Akbar' cry before he apparently shot himself, however motives are still unclear. Mrs Merkel is holding a security committee meeting tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see what is the official position.

Staggerwing

Odd. I don't associate Iranians with the kind of internet-radicalized murder we've seen lately. They seem more likely to act at the behest of their government, either as mobs, militia irregulars, or assassins.

Of course, at 18 years old all it takes is some poison-hearted imam and Daesh videos to confuse the kid's self-identity and fire him up.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

MikeGER

so a "German-Iranian" ...if that species exits?

let's see how the ratio-mix of "Columbine" and "religion" it was in the end
(and what we Germans will actually get told by our Merkel media! so i rather read foreign news too
...and i am sure all the other horror news in the past days and weeks psychological 'triggered' the meltdown... to act now, and get his 15min of fame too, to send his 'message' to the world) 

the conclusion is
the dream of left-green mongered Multiculturalism that may work in councils full of high paid artist, IT-crowds, media people, and univerity professors doesn't work in social-wellfare depending living quarters full with all kind of different immigrants and their offspring, who flog together of course with their own brand and battling it out who is bullying the local smaller minorities (including those remaining poor Germans who have no choice then to also living there, but also lost single Iranians) best.   
There is no info out about his religious affiliation (Shiiti, Sunni, Christ?, Apple or Android, vamipres or werewolfs) yet

the attacker yelled about being bullied and local Turks and in general the other brands of Oriental immigrants (those which usualy get tagged with the German offensive term of 'Kanacken' he used also while shouting)   

undercovergeek

showing my ignorance here, i didnt realise the full name of Merkels party was the Christian Democratic Union

for no other reason than being pissed off with political correctness in the media i would stake my years salary on the fact that you couldnt even have a party called that in the UK Mike, it would be torn down as soon as you put a poster up

MikeGER

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 23, 2016, 04:47:32 AM
showing my ignorance here, i didn't realise the full name of Merkels party was the Christian Democratic Union

for no other reason than being pissed off with political correctness in the media i would stake my years salary on the fact that you couldn't even have a party called that in the UK Mike, it would be torn down as soon as you put a poster up

geek , yes they can still name that party (because its historical) that way in our dictator ship of political correctness
but i would doubt you would see this name if founded today

but we cant get the facts from the Merkel friendly media told straight anymore:

the gunman "Ali Sonboly"  mutated into a "David S." in our news at Spiegel or ID is not told at all.
both parents migrated from Iran in the 90ies (i guess as refugees) and the son had problems at school, got bullied (by other immigrants kids)

...now our media just played the "Counter Strike"- bad-FPS - gun-nerd card ... yeah, its the FPS-gaming not the Turkish bullies that mad him loose it.
(there are rumors in British news that he used a fake FB-account as a Turk teen girl to lure probably Turk kids into the McD with 'free candy burgers' to get a more preferred target rich environment for his killing spree plan ... it seemed to be was focused on killing especially young people, the oldest victim is a 46 old women)     

Staggerwing

It's starting to sound like Columbine would indeed be a closer analogy to Munich than Brussels, Nice, or Paris.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 23, 2016, 05:43:03 AM
It's starting to sound like Columbine would indeed be a closer analogy to Munich than Brussels, Nice, or Paris.

this and the colour is just coincidence

Gusington

61 dead and 200 hurt in Kabul double suicide bombing.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

the Steam nickname of that Munich guy is "Amoklauf" 

...you may like to check it while its still there.... the comments posted to his profile atm are 'a world of its own'  :o

MikeGER

newsflash
in Reutlingen/Germany a "man" (found in not German Merkel friendly media: its a 21j old asylum seeker! from Syria) just killed a women and injured several others with a machete going on rampage near a busstop and snack outlet
arrested by the police after hit by a car ... see pic