Main Menu

Feedback on GARPA!

Started by bayonetbrant, September 13, 2012, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Great read! thanks for putting it together so the lazy rest of us can keep up with things. I wonder if that Zombie game would work with minis and statcards...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DicedT

Great idea. We need a crowdfunding roundup focused on wargaming.

Michael

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MIGMaster

Looks good! Lots of colors.....Migs likes colors! Seriously.....looks first class, gents! I may even get into this boardgame thing of which you speak!

TheCommandTent

Quote from: MIGMaster on October 11, 2012, 08:52:24 AM
Looks good! Lots of colors.....Migs likes colors! Seriously.....looks first class, gents! I may even get into this boardgame thing of which you speak!

Yes come to the dark side.... :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

I just made a kickstarter pledge for the first time based on that article- Dysis! Thanks for the update, guys!

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Gusington

I am honored. And Dishonored.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Jack Nastyface

I note with the interest the "Block Wars" project...Just wondering, though...how many of our borned-in-the-US-of-A members are familar with some of the great story lines from 2000AD such as Block Wars / Cursed Earth / Judge Cal, etc.

Judge Nastyface
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Hey, while you're looking around for investment opportunities, perhaps you should add this site to the list of potential projects: http://myfreeimplants.com/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Reading about the game 'Clang!' was especially interesting as I've just started reading 'The Mongoliad' which is set in the Alt-hist world that Neal Stephenson&Co have created. It'll be an SCA geek-gasm fer shur!

bob48

Excellent stuff - keep it up Gents.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!