Main Menu

Feedback on GARPA!

Started by bayonetbrant, September 13, 2012, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Double Deuce on February 02, 2013, 03:04:30 AM
This Sergeants Miniatures Game thing really intrigues me and I would live to jump in on it but I can see the costs to continue in the series skyrocketing with all the extras available. Its like my ASL addiction all over again.

And the thing is, with US Postal rates jumping up again, I don't know how long they're going to be able to keep their shipping rates as low as they are. Wouldn't be a big deal if they had wider distribution, but no game store in Canada stocks it (at least so far as I know).  :(

bob48

This Sergeants Miniatures Game thing really intrigues me and I would live to jump in on it but I can see the costs to continue in the series skyrocketing with all the extras available. Its like my ASL addiction all over again.

Same here. At the moment, there seems to be non of the games retailers in the UK who are keeping the game, and the shipping costs to bring it in are prohibitive.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

'Clip those corners'

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bob48 on February 02, 2013, 07:48:48 AM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/rivet-wars?ref=card

If I missed this on an earlier GARPA, then abject apologies.

Yup that was in the pervious GARPA  ;D

http://grogheads.com/garpa-10.html

For penance you must give us 5 GARPA related puns  :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bob48

You'll have to kick-start me then.

'Clip those corners'

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

I dont have an infinite fund of 'em

'Clip those corners'

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bob48 on February 02, 2013, 07:16:37 AM

Same here. At the moment, there seems to be non of the games retailers in the UK who are keeping the game, and the shipping costs to bring it in are prohibitive.

Hmmm...and you might not have me pushing it on you anymore. Just got an interesting offer for most of my set that I'm contemplating.  ;D

bob48

Oh? Spill the beans then AB.

'Clip those corners'

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bob48 on February 02, 2013, 04:50:59 PM

You see, bob, it's called trade. I will send this person goods, and he will pay me money for them.  ;D

bob48

Numpty!

Yes, I faintly grasp the concept... but what I want to know is the why of it? Not, I assume, the game itself, but the prohibitive cost of adding all the new bits on. And, if, as I suspect, you are like me, you hate having a base game without all the expansions?

'Clip those corners'

Barthheart

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 02, 2013, 04:56:44 PM
Quote from: bob48 on February 02, 2013, 04:50:59 PM

You see, bob, it's called trade. I will send this person goods, and he will pay me money for them.  ;D

How much? And can I better the offer?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bob48 on February 02, 2013, 05:27:14 PM
Numpty!

Yes, I faintly grasp the concept... but what I want to know is the why of it? Not, I assume, the game itself, but the prohibitive cost of adding all the new bits on. And, if, as I suspect, you are like me, you hate having a base game without all the expansions?

It's a really good game, but the lack of any Canadian availability makes it a bit of a pain. Also, I have a few heavier games that take up a load of space as it is that only get played every now and again. So do I really need another one, especially when this other one keeps expanding and growing expensively?

On top of that, a friend of mine has been getting in to Dust Tactics/Warfare from Fantasy Flight. It's a simply system, but it's a lot of fun and the costs compared to other minis games are pretty damn good. So if that's going to be something I can actively play a bit more frequently, I may as well swap over to that.

Quote from: BarthheartHow much? And can I better the offer?

I'm still in the early haggling stages with him. I'll shoot you a PM.  :D

bayonetbrant

es gibt heute ein neue GARPA! 
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

The latest GARPA column is post out front.  Gus and I would greatly appreciate any feedback ya'll have for us.

http://grogheads.com/garpa-13.html
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."