Victory at Sea anyone heard of this one ?

Started by Deadskin, June 02, 2014, 04:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadskin

http://www.victoryatseagame.com/   just saw this while surfing the net does anyone know anything about it ?

Tpek

Interesting find, thanks!
I wonder if it is related to the boardgame/miniatures-game.

vyshka

Website says it is related to the Mongoose published tabletop game. No idea if there is any relation to the true Victory at Sea game :) from Avalon Hill.
Didn't Dunnigan have a computer game called Victory at Sea as well?

GDS_Starfury

I seem to recall an Apple 2e title like that.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

DennisS

This looks pretty interesting. I am always up for a beer and pretzels naval game.

tgb

Toonces

That looks pretty bad.

I mean, if that's your thing then I hope you enjoy the hell out of it, but it doesn't look even remotely interesting on my end.   :idiot2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

FlickJax

I think you are writing it off too quick; models are good, let's see how they go with it.

Boggit

Quote from: FlickJax on June 03, 2014, 01:31:12 AM
I think you are writing it off too quick; models are good, let's see how they go with it.
I agree with Flickjax :). It's early days yet.

Apparently there is a strategic as well as a tactical layer. I wonder if they are doing stuff like critical hits, turret damage, compartmentation effects on flooding? 8)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

GJK

Quote from: Boggit on June 03, 2014, 05:59:55 AM
I wonder if they are doing stuff like critical hits, turret damage, compartmentation effects on flooding? 8)

Yes.  The ships healthbar will decrease with each successful contact between a "shell" pixel and the ship and will increase if the ship is within range of a healing center.

Sorry, couldn't resist....
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

QuoteVictory at Sea is already a highly successful table top game made by Mongoose Publishing, the company behind the Judge Dredd Miniatures Game. The Victory at Sea naval combat game will encapsulate the vast amounts of information behind the tabletop game which incorporates every detail a gamer could want. It will also inherit the fast flowing rules that allow novices and veteran gamers alike to enjoy recreating the epic struggles between the mighty fleets of the era.

So the mechanics are based on a minis game?  That could be good or bad.  But it's supposed to have some Sandbox campaign mode so I'm not gonna write it off.

Boggit

I'm in touch with the developer. Do you have any specifics you want me to ask?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

tgb

Quote from: GJK on June 03, 2014, 06:13:50 AM
Quote from: Boggit on June 03, 2014, 05:59:55 AM
I wonder if they are doing stuff like critical hits, turret damage, compartmentation effects on flooding? 8)

Yes.  The ships healthbar will decrease with each successful contact between a "shell" pixel and the ship and will increase if the ship is within range of a healing center.

"Healing center"?  Really?  Couldn't they have least called it a "boat hospital"?

Fageddaboutit.

SgtRock

As much as like to see new naval games, I'm not sure this is type I'm looking for! :-[

FlickJax

I think he was making that quote up. FFS I really do not understand all the negative waves here.