Today's Article: Unboxing Heroes of Normandie

Started by bayonetbrant, May 13, 2015, 08:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Cyrano's pics are out on the Mythical Front Pageā„¢. what do you think?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

If you end up liking this game, woe to your wallet...woe indeed... ;D

Barthheart

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 13, 2015, 01:23:34 PM

Can't be worse that SMG you crack dealer!  :buck2:

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on May 13, 2015, 01:24:46 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 13, 2015, 01:23:34 PM

Can't be worse that SMG you crack dealer!  :buck2:

Actually, it's a good sight cheaper... >:D

Cyrano

The expandability piece is rather genius -- it appeals to both the completionist and the histonerd.  How, after all, can one NOT purchase the Easy Company set?

I am, as you suggest, likely doomed.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

Don't forget the Shadows Over Normandie set that we previewed in GARPA a while ago
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Cyrano on May 13, 2015, 05:35:22 PM
The expandability piece is rather genius -- it appeals to both the completionist and the histonerd.  How, after all, can one NOT purchase the Easy Company set?

I am, as you suggest, likely doomed.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

I'd suggest trying a scenario or two, then jumping to skirmish games where both sides build forces. The scenarios in the base game really aren't that great, though some in the D-Day expansion are decent.