Iron Front Liberation 1944 - The Big Attack

Started by jomni, December 28, 2012, 10:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

They didn't call this "The Big Attack" for nothing.  This battle was massive and very brutal.  Our forces were to launch a major counter attack on Russian positions.   We will be supported by armor and aircraft doing strafing runs.  As we rode into battle, the men had nothing but blank stares on their faces, contemplating on our fate in the upcoming battle.

Russian guns in dug-in positions retaliated with their devastating blows.  Fortunately, they were poorly aimed...

Continue reading in my blog.
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com/2012/12/iron-front-liberation-1944-big-attack.html

TheCommandTent

Great write with lots of cool pictures.  Was this a scenario that came with the game or one you made?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

jomni

It was Scenario 5 of German campaign.  Surprisingly well-scripted (compared to the poorly executed Scenario 4).  But it was frustrating at the start and I almost lost hope.  I died 80% of the time and I didn't know what I was supposed to do.