Battle for South Vietnam (Advanced Tactics Gold)

Started by jomni, June 08, 2012, 01:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

I am playing the Vietnam War campaign in Advaned Tactics Gold and have recorded the progress in my blog.

The first installment is up:
August - September 1965

There is an error in my spreadsheet.  I shouldn't be gaining that much population loyalty.  The actual percentage is about the same for both quarters.

Bison

jomni

I really want to continue this but I found something strange with the scenario.  Something's wrong with the scoring and it seems impossible to achieve victory for the Free Worlds side.  Maybe I should change my goal to just surviving.

Pinetree

Quote from: jomni on July 25, 2012, 07:44:00 PM
I really want to continue this but I found something strange with the scenario.  Something's wrong with the scoring and it seems impossible to achieve victory for the Free Worlds side.  Maybe I should change my goal to just surviving.

Sorry, I just found this very funny, I can picture Westmoreland saying the same thing after Tet.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

jomni

Yes it's really funny.  But, who knows, I may just continue this for the sake of seeing how long I will last.

Boggit

News Flash (after resolving the AI turn in December 1965)!!!  Viet Cong forces attacked Bien Hoa Airbase in the middle of the night and successfully destroyed 7 B-52s.  The successful surprise attack demonstrated the capabilities of the communists to attack anywhere and the weakness of US / ARVN airbase security
Not only that, but it seems to have stopped the US/ARVN in their tracks. I know there was a scoring problem, but there any any further progress with the AAR. It was a good read...  ::) 8)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat