Jeffrey Epstein hangs self

Started by besilarius, August 10, 2019, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I worked a year in Juvenile Justice as a Corrections Officer on the night shift. Our checks were every 10 min. No excuses, no exceptions. Officers in Master Control monitored our rounds to make sure. But that was watching kids who had a much higher priority being kept safe than adult prisoners. We were routinely short-handed requiring us to work overtime and extra shifts but there was serious accountability for violating the rules. Either way, anyone serious about hanging themselves can do it in a lot less than 30 min. I'm sad for Epstein's family but he was a serious creep.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Never having met you, I picture you to be similar to the giant black guy who maintains the cells below the Baltimore Psychiatric Hospital that holds Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs. Am I close?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Even if they took him off suicide watch, why would they give him back things to commit suicide with?! -- those get taken away first thing.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

You are asking questions that you probably don't want the answers to.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Not black, not giant, and Lecter scares the shit out of me. I'm even afraid of him as Odin. I don't know what they let Jeffery have but almost anything can be used to, 'hang' yourself with. And it doesn't have to be from the ceiling or a tree limb. Anything that can support your weight strong enough to cut-off the blood circulation to the brain, then after passing-out, a person suffocates if blood circulation is not restored. It can be strips of clothing, shoe laces, bed linen or even plastic or rubber tied to a bed frame, door handle, or even a shower or bathroom faucet. Please don't anyone here test me to see if I'm accurate. PLEASE!

My take is Epstein probably wanted to be found in time to avoid death and use this as some kind of way to get out of jail. To get some kind of sympathy or relocated in a House Arrest thing. But that's just me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

If that's the case then he should not have picked a night that the guards were short staffed. There were only two, already working mucho overtime, and one wasn't even a real guard, just a support staffer filling in.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

True that but how would he have known?

em2nought

Being an addict cut off from his constant supply of what got him off, maybe he was taking up auto-erotic asphyxiation a la David Carradine.  :DD

More likely he was Andy Dufresne'd.   ::)  ...or this was the only way to mark him "safe" from you know who.  ;)
Stolen elections have consequences.

Toonces

I guess my strategy of completely cutting off all forms of news media has been pretty damn effective.  I have absolutely no idea who this guy is.

Can someone give me a very brief synopsis, or a link to said synopsis? 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Con

Quote from: Toonces on August 12, 2019, 07:31:23 PM
I guess my strategy of completely cutting off all forms of news media has been pretty damn effective.  I have absolutely no idea who this guy is.

Can someone give me a very brief synopsis, or a link to said synopsis?
He was batman

bayonetbrant

Well-connected international financier accused of running an international pedophilia ring for years. Photographed at parties with a lot of high-profile folks (incl Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Prince Andrew, among others) over the years.
Pled out in a deal with federal prosecutors about 5-6 years ago in a very controversial sweetheart deal that's now come under investigation and (IIRC) was recently arrested based on a bunch of new victims coming forward.
The controversy around his suicide is that there are a lot of very powerful people who may have wanted him dead for what he was going to reveal about them.

Edit to add link
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

edited again to fix a few typos...  phone keyboard wasn't helping last night
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

One wonders whether he corrupted those around him, they corrupted him, or it was a multi-sleezball co-corruption from the start thing.  L:-)

Tpek

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 12, 2019, 09:55:32 PM
or it was a multi-sleezball co-corruption from the start thing.  L:-)

This is usually the case with such people.

JasonPratt

Two somewhat different takes from the Daily Wire staff.

Shapiro understands why there are suspicions but comes down solidly in favor of staff mistakes:

Walsh takes a slightly stronger view that this isn't a shut case yet (but the most boring explanation is still probably true, and he also comes down on that):

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!