What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

In a positive development I was able to put back Operation Dauntless so it is possible to reason with insanity.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

I need more time and more bookshelves...and perhaps Operation Dauntlless too.

mirth

Operation Dauntless is more of a way of life than a game.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

mirth

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

BanzaiCat

Target For Today is on my table. I'm trying to get through the manual...not that it's hard to get through, it's hard to find time. This overseas project I'm working on means my hours are totally screwy across the board. Yesterday I was able to sit down for almost a solid hour and got through several pages of it. Very happy to see the game is essentially B-17 Queen Of The Skies on super-steroids, so the flow is the same, which will make it a bit easier to get through, I'm hoping.

Anyone interested in joining a B-17 crew once I'm ready to get started?

Yes, those of you that joined the Outpost Gamma crew...I've had issues with the files. I've tried to recover them off my old work laptop but it's not working. I'm still looking for backup files...I need time to go through my external hard drives to double check them. Since something on TfT would mean just photos I don't need my work laptop nor Photoshop to do something with that.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 19, 2018, 10:19:43 AM
Target For Today is on my table. I'm trying to get through the manual...not that it's hard to get through, it's hard to find time. This overseas project I'm working on means my hours are totally screwy across the board. Yesterday I was able to sit down for almost a solid hour and got through several pages of it. Very happy to see the game is essentially B-17 Queen Of The Skies on super-steroids, so the flow is the same, which will make it a bit easier to get through, I'm hoping.

Anyone interested in joining a B-17 crew once I'm ready to get started?

Yes, those of you that joined the Outpost Gamma crew...I've had issues with the files. I've tried to recover them off my old work laptop but it's not working. I'm still looking for backup files...I need time to go through my external hard drives to double check them. Since something on TfT would mean just photos I don't need my work laptop nor Photoshop to do something with that.
I look forward to your detailed analysis - I have it waiting to be played  O0

Oh - and I bagsy tail gunner  :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 19, 2018, 10:27:21 AM

I hadn't planned on doing a review but I might as well considering I covered similar titles. I guess Brant won't complain too much to have more content. ;D

JD do you have B-17: QotS?

As for tail gunner, it's all yours - just remind me when the time comes. I'm sure I'll forget, that's the way my brain rolls.  :-\

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 19, 2018, 11:00:55 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 19, 2018, 10:27:21 AM

I hadn't planned on doing a review but I might as well considering I covered similar titles. I guess Brant won't complain too much to have more content. ;D

JD do you have B-17: QotS?

As for tail gunner, it's all yours - just remind me when the time comes. I'm sure I'll forget, that's the way my brain rolls.  :-\
I do - but I'll likely not go back to it as I now have TfT  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

^ Exactly my thought as well. There's just too many detailed (e.g. awesome) elements to TfT. Not that B17 QotS is bad or lacking, but this is next-level stuff.

I imagine it'll be a target-rich environment like B-17 QotS. B-29 tried to alleviate that but it became more of a navigation sim than a bomber sim. I still need to review my thoughts on its expansion, Hell Over Korea.

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 19, 2018, 03:42:57 PM

I imagine it'll be a target-rich environment like B-17 QotS. B-29 tried to alleviate that but it became more of a navigation sim than a bomber sim. I still need to review my thoughts on its expansion, Hell Over Korea.

I recall house ruling the multi-part navigation, in the original B-29 (Japan) set, down to one roll.  It was a quick and dirty fix, and needed to be ironed out, but something like that was needed to keep the interesting bits flowing.

The Hell Over Korea expansion looks like it improves some of the less enjoyable parts, along with making it more deadly.  I got the impression that the Korea expansion is where B-29 hits it's stride although I've not yet played it either.  So many games stacked up on the "to do" list.  :-"

bbmike

Just arrived and hopefully on the table sooner rather than later (I have to finish up a Space Empires game first).

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth