Secretary Mattis resigns

Started by besilarius, December 20, 2018, 07:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

trailrunner

Yeah, that's bad.  Sounds like a case of "you can't quit -- you're fired!"

I'm not sure about Shanahan as acting SecDef.  He spent his career at Boeing.  He was a reasonable choice as DepSecDef to handle the acquisition side, but I'm not sure about SecDef.  They need to find a replacement ASAP.

Gusington

^Careful, you're probably next on the list.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Man, y'all must really really hate Trailrunner, to wish him SecDef in this administration...  :o  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Note he has not returned to this thread...coincidence?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

I don't think Trailrunner could possibly kiss enough ass to be considered for the position. Lack of said posterior puckering seems to be a Secretary killer in this administration.

trailrunner

If selected for the position, my first priority would be to reform the food court in the Pentagon.  The coffee rolls that Dunkin' Donuts serves there are smaller than at other DDs, yet they charge the same price.  I'd also suggest in the strongest terms possible that the Au Bon Pain in the courtyard bring back the pecan rolls. 

Oh yeah - I'd also give free rent to anyone that wants to open a game store in the concourse.

Steelgrave

Ok, skip SecDef.....how about you run for President?   8) ;D O0

trailrunner

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 24, 2018, 08:01:45 PM
Ok, skip SecDef.....how about you run for President?   8) ;D O0

In that case, I would need some volunteers for key cabinet positions, such as Minister of Scotch and Cigars.  And think of the monster wargames we could set up in the Oval Office!

Steelgrave

Quote from: trailrunner on December 24, 2018, 08:17:19 PM
  And think of the monster wargames we could set up in the Oval Office!

Yeah, uhhhh.....I'm kinda worried that's happening now  :o 

Sir Slash

Mattis won't be out of a job long. Perfect fit for Head Coach for the Packers.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Con

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 24, 2018, 09:32:50 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on December 24, 2018, 08:17:19 PM
  And think of the monster wargames we could set up in the Oval Office!

Yeah, uhhhh.....I'm kinda worried that's happening now  :o
I suspect that Civ 6 is being used right now to set our foreign policy. I can't wait till the Mayans bomb Pearl Harbor

Gusington

Civ VI is way...you know what, never mind :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd