Australian Fortnite player bashes his partner (works for our biggest telecommuni

Started by Destraex, December 11, 2018, 06:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I found this article interesting if not confronting, because we all play games here. Work life balance is always hard. The young man of 24 says that people do not know what happens off the camera. But it certainly seems clear. The man has been arrested and charged as well as having an apprehended violence order served. Telstra, our biggest telecommunications company and internet provider, whom he works for has suspended him.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/livestream-of-video-game-films-sydney-man-allegedly-hitting-partner-20181210-p50l9a.html
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

DennisS

I am certainly hoping jail time will be in this guy's future. Hopefully he will meet a few "mates" in there.

Michael Dorosh

This garbage belongs in front of a judge, not on a national news site. I don't see how the public interest is served. Having foreigners posting disgusting comments like Dennis' isn't going to help either party here.

Grim.Reaper

yeah, not really sure what this has to do with game discussions here, except he happened to be playing one...

Destraex

I forgot to mention that he also makes money from streaming. The gaming aspect came in because people are using it as an example of gaming addiction and saying that gaming is a cause of violence.

Yskonyn

I agree with Michael.

I also want to note that the clip that's on the internet is just that.
We don't have any context. Its clear this guy made very bad choices by attacking his wife like this and showing this aggression in front of his children, but for all we know that family might have had a toxic relation well beyond this clip and she is to blame just as much.

What's clear though is that the true victims here, without a doubt, are those children.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Destraex

Yes I was wondering about that. The context I mean. No excuses if he did hit her. But I certainly know some girls who would be able to stage something like this perfectly. I know a guy who works all day then comes home to his wife to have to cook and look after the kids because she is tired. Them at midnight he gets on the pc and his wife goes nuts. She has cost them many smashed monitors and does other things like pulling the cords and deleting files. Happens to be an ex gamer herself actually. She is so nuts I wonder when she will stage something like this. Lucky we all know he is the calm one.