RPG Sales & Discounts

Started by bayonetbrant, December 23, 2016, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dammit Carl!

airboy

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on May 03, 2018, 11:51:08 AM
Citizen!  Do you love the Computer?

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/ParanoiaClassic2018

If I buy this I instantly replace all of the stuff I cannot read due to allergies!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on May 03, 2018, 11:59:03 AM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on May 03, 2018, 11:51:08 AM
Citizen!  Do you love the Computer?

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/ParanoiaClassic2018

If I buy this I instantly replace all of the stuff I cannot read due to allergies!

the Computer giveth.

hope the Computer doth not taketh away
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2018, 01:30:19 PM
Huge sale on Goodman Games 3e stuff!

This is a really good sale.  A bunch of things are $1.  I bought $26 worth of stuff.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on May 04, 2018, 07:05:32 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2018, 01:30:19 PM
Huge sale on Goodman Games 3e stuff!

This is a really good sale.  A bunch of things are $1.  I bought $26 worth of stuff.

I'm not much for the Retro D&D stuff, but Dungeon Crawl Classics changes enough to turn it into it's own thing.  I like it for that. 

Not sure how all the DCC supplements hold up, however.  Haven't checked much of them out.

airboy

Today, in conjunction with Wizards of the Coast, we launched a special Flash Sale on Dungeon Masters Guild, running this weekend only. Now through Sunday, you can purchase any Platinum Bestseller on DMs Guild, whether official titles or community content, for 33% off. The deals carry over to DriveThruRPG as well, where all Wizards of the Coast platinum bestsellers are also reduced by 33%. 

Nefaro

Campaign Cartographer software on sale at Bundle Of Holding.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Cartographer

If I had the time & money to spare, right now..   :nerd:

airboy

Quote from: Nefaro on May 14, 2018, 02:05:16 PM
Campaign Cartographer software on sale at Bundle Of Holding.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Cartographer

If I had the time & money to spare, right now..   :nerd:

That looks great.  What are the reviews like?  Do you know anyone who has used this?  I'm looking for something like this for my scenario writing.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on May 16, 2018, 02:45:32 PM
That looks great.  What are the reviews like?  Do you know anyone who has used this?  I'm looking for something like this for my scenario writing.

I know a bunch of non-designer types who have used it and swear by it.  They're reasonably computer-savvy, but not designers/artists.  The main reason a lot of pros don't use CC is b/c the maps all start to look alike, which for pro purposes is a product-killer.  But for hobbyists or homebrew designers, or folks who want to flesh it all out before handing off to a designer for publication, it's a great tool

airboy

^ Thanks - I'm going to buy it.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on May 16, 2018, 07:46:37 PM
^ Thanks - I'm going to buy it.

I expect impressions!

May eventually get it in the future.  Have read generally good things.

bbmike

I have Worldographer (Hexographer2), Fractal Mapper 8.0, and various gameleaper map makers. Not sure this adds anything new but it does look kind of interesting. It looks more like a painting program, though. I don't see a lot of square or hex maps. Also, it looks like it's meant only for fantasy games.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Dungeon World Bundle Of Holding sale!

Superb stuff. :notworthy:

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/DungeonWorld3

First bundle only $5.95 and includes the great Perilous Wilds supplement among others.