Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by Jarhead0331, January 27, 2012, 09:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

^I'm nervous.  This one could be really good, but it could also be REALLY bad.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Longdan

For your sake alone I hope it is good.  I have too many games and I will probably
have to buy it anyway.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Gusington

This will be my first new buy of the year. I am a sucker for the franchise. But I don't know if it will be a day one purchase.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

New trailer released today and word on the street is that it is beyond bad...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

It's called the 'Kick Ass' trailer. The voice over Sucks Ass.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sega-alien-shooter/1227234p1.html

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2013, 02:13:45 PM
New trailer released today and word on the street is that it is beyond bad...

I can predict the review titles already.

"GAME OVER, MAN, GAME OVER!!"

"Nuke this game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Lord, how is it that the only good space marine game for the Aliens franchise, is still the original Space Hulk?!? (I'm allowing that the Alien and Predator sections of the first two AvP games were resepectable. Never played the recent reboot.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Gusington

I just bought the whole Alien series on blu ray in anticipation too, including Prometheus :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

The ending of that trailer was pure cheese-wizz. That's not a value judgement by any means, just an observation.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 21, 2013, 03:52:06 PM
^I'm nervous.  This one could be really good, but it could also be REALLY bad.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

I feel the same way. And a bad FPS is a BAD FPS.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

JudgeDredd

Well - I was initially very excited about this. There was an Alien game out on the PC early 2000 I believe and it gave me the heebijeebi's - couldn't play it in the end - but the gameplay was alright and fitted.

That trailer only dampened my enthusiasm for this one - and that's NOT what trailers are meant to do. And it wasn't just the awful voice over either.

So I was going to buy - but I can definitely wait for the game to come out and hear what the word on the street is
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

I know some of you seemed interested in this game...if so Get Games Go has a pretty decent deal for $30 (retail price was $49.99).

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/aliens-colonial-marines

Then use the code LV-426 when checking out.....

Huw the Poo

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of some of you, but I have a bad feeling about this drop game.  It doesn't look promising from the trailers.  I guess the co-op might be fun for a while, but probably not £35 of fun.

MikeGER

i love the Alien franchise  8) and was on the fence about this .... but i will wait trusted  player's impression for sure   :-X

Gusington

I really wanted to buy on release day but there's no way I will do that now with the recent trailer fiasco. Going to wait and see. Fingers-crossed.

I too love the Alien franchise and have been waiting a long time for this release but...in this golden age of games 50.00 is a lot to ask even for an excellent game...never mind if it's an unknown quantity.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd