Up Front Reprint Redux

Started by Arctic Blast, August 22, 2012, 10:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

I just have this weird feeling they're gonna screw it up or at least try to reinvent the game to the point its no longer what it was/is.

bayonetbrant

I don't think it's at all related to Up Front...  I just wanted to watch people get their dander up in a tizzy ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grimnirsson

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Toonces

Isn't Valley Games the company that redid Rome vs Carthage or whatever that insanely priced game was?  I believe the reprint got favorable reviews compared to the original for whatever it's worth.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grimnirsson

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Toonces on September 13, 2012, 12:58:00 PM
Isn't Valley Games the company that redid Rome vs Carthage or whatever that insanely priced game was?  I believe the reprint got favorable reviews compared to the original for whatever it's worth.

Coincidentally, I just ordered Rome vs. Carthage and will be picking it up tomorrow. I can let you know what sort of quality their games seem to have.  ;D

Rekim

Quote from: LongBlade on September 12, 2012, 10:09:50 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 12, 2012, 09:58:52 PM
Saw on FB... just wanted to mess with you guys :)

I checked the URL of the image and held fire pending more info. ;)

I wasn't so smart...wasted a bunch of time trawling BGG for pictures from the new release.

It's always fun to waste time on BGG mind you.

GJK

Up Front/Banzai (originals) will go on the table this weekend.  We haven't played using the Japanese before so this should be interesting...(hmmm, do I banzai charge this group now or wait??)....
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

DennisS

I believe that I have all the variants of Up Front. A co-worker and I used to play at lunch, day after day, for several years. We were both instructors in a military technical training school, so it was actually seen as a positive by our bosses and other coworkers.

He used to HATE it when I slapped the wire card on him, just as he went into a stream! This was ... not good!