Hell Let Loose has been released in EA

Started by AchillesLastStand, June 08, 2019, 12:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

Played Post Scriptum on release and refunded, can honestly say this is in much better shape and have had quite a bit of fun so far. Two friends and I crewed a Panther last night as gunner/driver/commander and racked up some nice kills. The game is currently on sale on Green Man Gaming for 24 bucks.

W8taminute

Yeah I'm really loving HLL and had a similar experience crewing a Sherman with some randoms.  Good community so far.  I haven't tried PS so I cannot compare the two.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

I'm only here to subscribe for updates to the thread, and also to alter the subject title a little because I'm feeling a bit impish.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Geezer

I was really interested in this one, but now have way more games than time.  Will also be watching for impressions here.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 08, 2019, 06:29:40 PM
I just picked it up...Installing now.

Looking forward to impressions....multiplayer typically isn't my thing but maybe this will be different for some reason....sure does look nice.

Jarhead0331

I'm off to an inauspicious start. Lots of dying, and although I'm spraying a lot of lead into the woods, don't think I've hit an enemy yet.

Still trying to get my mic working too. Not a problem with the game, but with my equipment.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Its a very tough game. Hard to spot enemies across distances. Artillery is a killer. Its pretty intense and part of what adds to this is a lack of information and feedback most typical MP shooters have...like when you kill someone, or when a team member is killed. There is no indication of this in the UI so you never know how effective you are. Sticking together is very important. Its really the best way to get this feedback. I'm still trying to figure out the squad/team comms system and the nuances of the different classes.

Overall, its a good game, but damn...be prepared to spend a lot of time respawning. Its brutal.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 08, 2019, 09:42:34 PM
Its a very tough game. Hard to spot enemies across distances. Artillery is a killer. Its pretty intense and part of what adds to this is a lack of information and feedback most typical MP shooters have...like when you kill someone, or when a team member is killed. There is no indication of this in the UI so you never know how effective you are. Sticking together is very important. Its really the best way to get this feedback. I'm still trying to figure out the squad/team comms system and the nuances of the different classes.

Overall, its a good game, but damn...be prepared to spend a lot of time respawning. Its brutal.

You can at any time hit the "tab" key and in the bottom right will say something like statistics{or something along those lines, actually forgot atm}. It will show you kills/deaths, how many times you died from friendly fire etc.

Jarhead0331

^yes, I know this. I mean in game, when you are firing and kill someone, there is no indication in the UI. You can look at the statistics, but that won't  tell you when someone was killed or where.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 08, 2019, 10:57:21 PM
^yes, I know this. I mean in game, when you are firing and kill someone, there is no indication in the UI. You can look at the statistics, but that won't  tell you when someone was killed or where.

Oh, i misunderstood you.  This is a direct quote from a developer.

"We don't have any plans for a kill feed at this time.

For us, the idea of having to confirm your kills manually, looking out for blood or the enemy dropping adds to the tactical gameplay and risk of moving on, or defending a position.

However, if you do score a headshot listen out for a low 'ding' sound to signify your accuracy"

Jarhead0331

Cool. I think it's a good "feature". It adds to the chaos, confusion and uncertainty.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Geezer

My graphics card is a GTX 960 and that is below min specs.  Oh well, guess I'll have to play vicariously through reports here.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

I know this is a counter productive question in a multiplayer game, but is communicating with teammates using headset and such required?  Or can you kind of "solo" things?

Destraex

Tried to like this in early access but just couldn't. I am happy to play post scriptum and look forward to it's next theatre which is being worked on. Actually apart from realism I don't really enjoy FPS anymore. Happy to walk for miles and almost hope I don't see action! :) lol.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"