Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Started by Grim.Reaper, April 13, 2019, 05:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Grim.Reaper

For those interested, download for deluxe version was about 55GB (included some kind of upgrade package, not idea what that is).  Tiny compared to other recent new games:)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 12, 2019, 01:00:29 PM
For those interested, download for deluxe version was about 55GB (included some kind of upgrade package, not idea what that is).  Tiny compared to other recent new games:)

upgrade package is just some small "trinkets" as a consolation for those with premier access since there is no early access on this title.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 12, 2019, 01:35:11 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 12, 2019, 01:00:29 PM

upgrade package is just some small "trinkets" as a consolation for those with premier access since there is no early access on this title.

ah, ok...thanks.....ready to sink my teeth into this thing....

Grim.Reaper

can't wait to play this weekend....most reviews i have read giving it reasonably good marks...sounds like a 12 hour campaign awaits me:)

LoganismyHERO

So, my hand-eye coordination blows. The main reason I don't do button mashing, twitchy shooters but this game intrigues me. How is it? Does anyone here play this on the PC? Is it button mashy? Twitchy? Am I going to have spastic fits of button mashy brain spasms?

Is this like Witcher 3 game play?

Please tell me this isn't like that?

Gusington

I love it on PC, played about half way through, have half to go and will definitely will be returning to it.

Unfortunately it can be a little mashy where you will have to solve puzzles by moving through the game world and 'mashing' in a precise way - I played with a keyboard and mouse, however.

It can be slightly like the Witcher 3 but is firmly planted on rails, it is not open world.

All that said I really enjoyed it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LoganismyHERO

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2020, 10:01:13 AM
I love it on PC, played about half way through, have half to go and will definitely will be returning to it.

Unfortunately it can be a little mashy where you will have to solve puzzles by moving through the game world and 'mashing' in a precise way - I played with a keyboard and mouse, however.

It can be slightly like the Witcher 3 but is firmly planted on rails, it is not open world.

All that said I really enjoyed it.

Thanks Gus...maybe I'll pick it up next year when it can be had for $15 or so on a sale

Gusington

If you like Star Wars canon and lore, it's a no brainer. I understand  the things you don't like about some games (mashiness) because I don't like them either. The lore may outweigh the negatives for you as they do for me and get you to keep playing. The difficulty of Fallen Order is sort of Souls (Dark Souls) like. And because I liked the lore and the story and the characters and the setting I kept going and got better at mashing. You may too...if you get it for 15.00 that would be well worth it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: LoganismyHERO on October 30, 2020, 03:19:01 PM
Thanks Gus...maybe I'll pick it up next year when it can be had for $15 or so on a sale

Or for free (if you are a Prime member) https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/starwars?  (activates on Origin)