The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

^This man speaks a powerful truth. The first time I saw a Cayenne I died a little inside. Afterwards, when confronted with the abomination above, the necrosis spread a little further.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

I love The Onion

Nation Can't Wait To Hear Patriots Fans' Excuses This Time

WASHINGTON—After an NFL investigation revealed that 11 of New England's 12 game balls were under-inflated during last weekend's AFC Championship Game, Americans across the nation announced Wednesday that they would love—absolutely love—to hear the excuses from Patriots fans this time. "No, no, by all means, go ahead," said every single person living outside of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut before reportedly smiling and adding, "I'm all ears." "Wait, let me guess: The deflated footballs were also easier to catch for the Colts defense, so the Patriots didn't have a real advantage, right? Or is it that the score was so lopsided that it didn't matter in the end? No, seriously, I'm sure you guys have something really great cooked up for this one." The American populace went on to say that they also absolutely cannot wait to hear how this new scandal will have no effect on the legacy of Tom Brady.

Yes, I realize the story probably isn't nearly so cut-and-dried, but I still had to laugh.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Marty Ward

With all the snow up there, wouldn't it be poetic justice if the power in New England was out until say 1:00 am Monday?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

ugh
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

and this is almost 5 years old now

edit:  here's the 'good news' story in the series
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2004152847_rbkelley300.html
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

I could give a shit about the super bowl this year. 
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

I"m just cheering for the team with the NC St guys :)

mirth

I'm not going to watch. After watching the Pats choke against the Giants twice, I can't watch them again in the SB.

Montana is the greatest QB of all time. 4/4 in Super Bowls.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Marty Ward

:D

"Simulator runs Super Bowl matchup 50,000 times, and winner is .."

"As for Brady and the Patriots, not even deflate-gate could touch the Predictalator. Not even once in 50,000 simulations.

"Every ball in every simulation we conduct in the regular or postseason is inflated to the proper 12.5 to 13.5 PSI. In 50,000 simulations, that's a whole lot of balls, none of which seems to lose two-plus PSI during the games," Bessire said. "That's 1.5 million properly inflated balls for a normal game and 6 million for this week. It's an assumption worth revisiting for future seasons, but, fortunately the Super Bowl is the only game all year in which the NFL provides all the balls."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/simulator-runs-super-bowl-matchup-50-000-times--and-winner-is-----022252004.html;_ylt=A0LEVvO4JclUVxUA6Z8nnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzbnM3aWYwBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwM18x
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

OJsDad

Wisconsin QB vs Michigan QB.  Going with the Badger.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on January 28, 2015, 02:25:36 PM
Wisconsin NC State Graduate QB vs Michigan QB.  Going with the Badger smart guy.

FTFY

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 28, 2015, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on January 28, 2015, 02:25:36 PM
Wisconsin NC State Graduate QB vs Michigan QB.  Going with the Badger smart guy.

FTFY

Eve his wiki page has his college listed as Wisconsin.  You're the only person that seems to remember him being part of the Pack. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Marty Ward

Didn't he leave NC State to go to Wisconsin so he could play?

OJsDad

Brant may be able to talk about this more, but he only played 3 years at NCST but chose to go play baseball in the spring of 2011.  This is from his wiki page;

In January 2011, Wilson announced that he would report to spring training with the Colorado Rockies organization.[37] NC State head coach Tom O'Brien expressed reservations with Wilson's decision, saying "Russell and I have had very open conversations about his responsibilities respective to baseball and football. While I am certainly respectful of Russell's dedication to baseball these last several years, within those discussions I also communicated to him the importance of his time commitment to NC State football."

O'Brien and his staff reached out to NFL coaches and general managers on Wilson's behalf, but he failed to receive an invitation to the 2011 NFL Scouting Combine.

On April 29, 2011, O'Brien announced that Wilson had been granted a release from his football scholarship with one year of eligibility remaining.

On June 27, 2011, Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema announced that Wilson had committed to Wisconsin for the 2011 season