Texans release Arian Foster

Started by BanzaiCat, March 03, 2016, 10:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

...about time

QuoteFoster will be 30 years old when the 2016 season gets underway. The Texans didn't want to pay him the $6.5 million he was set to make in base salary this season, and it's hard to imagine a team on the open market putting up that kind of cash for Foster.

Good luck in Minnesota or Cleveland  :2funny:

Martok

What the hell would *we* want him for?  AP's still putting up good numbers, we have halfway-decent backup RB's, and if we wanted a new starting RB, we'd want one a little younger than him... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

;)

Well, someone is bound to snap him up for cheap, unless there's some kind of thing on that 6.5 million that requires a signing team to pay him that. If that's the case I imagine he's going to go quietly into retirement. Real shame, too, because that guy had some amazing moments for the Texans.

What they REALLY need to do is get rid of the POS quarterbacks.

Bison

Manzel will be an awesome upgrade for the Texans.

BanzaiCat

If he wasn't such a douchebag asshat dipshit in real life and actually worked, he might have a sliver of talent that would get him on the Texans' practice squad.

Bison

If that's the case, I'm not sur why you're bitching about the quality of your QBs. :P

BanzaiCat

They all suck, but as far as I know, they're not head cases like Manziel. Lesser of the evils, sir.

Bison

And this is why the Texans will never advance past the first round of the playoffs.

BanzaiCat

...from your lips to O'Brian's ears.

But what do WE know? I'm sure our first pick in the draft will be a godd^*#$med undersized defensive lineman or a cornerback. I don't even know if there's any 'hot prospects' coming out of college at QB this year.

MetalDog

There are two 'hot QB prospects' coming out this year.  And three or four more serviceable choices.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

There might be a pick but the Texans pick later in the draft.

BanzaiCat

Yeah, ergo the humor I see in this situation. 9-7 record with a rudderless team. JJ Watt can't carry the defense and he's already showed cracks from injuries last year. I guess the Texans' management doesn't care whether or not they have a franchise QB or not if butts are in the seats and PSLs are still sold for prices that make billionaires salivate.

MetalDog

J. J. was the Defensive Player of the Year, no?  What more do you want?!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I know he was, and he's a badass...but that's what I'm saying. He can't do it all himself to win a friggin' championship. Or, hell, go more than tip-deep into the playoffs.

His work ethic is second to none. I wish more NFL players treated their careers that way.

Then again for all we know, he could have been running a web server with Jared Fogel. I don't know.

Bison

A clean and sober Johnny Money.