Weird night...

Started by SirAndrewD, January 13, 2019, 01:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Damn. Sorry this is going so badly for you SirAndrew. You're probably right about separating the families if it's so distressing for her, and you. Hang in there Brother. Stay strong for YOUR family and all of you get through this together. That will honor your Father's memory the most.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 07, 2019, 11:27:42 PM
Damn. Sorry this is going so badly for you SirAndrew. You're probably right about separating the families if it's so distressing for her, and you. Hang in there Brother. Stay strong for YOUR family and all of you get through this together. That will honor your Father's memory the most.

It's not so bad.  My Dad's family and my wife's is behind me 100% and firmly.  Also my Dad is being buried in his home town which is a very small community in Missouri and one of the only historical markers there is about his Dad's grocery.   If and when his wife goes there she'll find a community that is pretty heavily on the side of his family, even though she spent 20 years forcing him apart from them. 

Biggest problem is that my Dad didn't leave a Will.   In the community, my family owns a large number of burial plots in the city cemetery.  All of them have for more than 100 years been for my family members.  My Mom is there.  The "Row" is named after my family.   They're all in my Dad's name.

Since there's no Will, by her intent, at least half those plots will go to her.   I have no illusions that she'll sell them off for a profit. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

Really sorry to hear about your dads passing SirAndrew.

I lost my dad in 2000. It was really tough and took a while but he's more happy memories than sadness now

Stay strong.
Alba gu' brath

airboy

My condolences for your loss.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Everyone should get a will unless you want your State to determine how your assets will be distributed after you die.

MetalDog

My condolences, SirAndrew.  I pray peace, comfort, and solace to you and all who loved your father.  And I am glad you have so many to truly share your grief with.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob