Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing

Started by JudgeDredd, July 01, 2017, 02:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Ok...it's the Print and Play version - so not a "proper" unboxing...but still, I do have a box containing the components now

The "box"

The contents

The admin cards

Bags of counters

The terrain tiles

A German and US company

Various admin and weapon counters

The manual

Quick Reference Card

Mission cards

Mission 1 setup

And there it is.

I'm not going to play it yet. I have Rebellion on the go with my daughter and once we've finished that, I'll be setting up IAF Leader - I pre-ordered that 2 years ago or more so I've waited a long time for it.
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Staggerwing

Good Work JD!

That binder for the rulebook looks pretty nice. A lot less awkward than a 3-ring binder.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Thanks all.

The binder was the best buy at £4.99
Alba gu' brath

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

JudgeDredd

mmm...I never put it on FB. I'm not on FB. Not that I'm bothered.

I presume the creator of the game did so?
Alba gu' brath

Richie61

It was the creator. Per his post: "JudgeDredd from Grogheads posted some pics of his completed print n play construction of Advanced Platoon Leader." with a link here. Free PR  :)
Ed
aka Richie61

Staggerwing

That's it Judge-  for today you are the Face of Grogheads. Better go put on a clean shirt...

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Richie61 on July 02, 2017, 01:46:47 PM
It was the creator. Per his post: "JudgeDredd from Grogheads posted some pics of his completed print n play construction of Advanced Platoon Leader." with a link here. Free PR  :)
Ah. I don't have FB so when I go there, there's a big "Sign In" page and you can't see much
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 02, 2017, 02:12:59 PM
That's it Judge-  for today you are the Face of Grogheads. Better go put on a clean shirt...
No clean shirts. Will this do?

That was me on my way to Scotland in Colchester a couple of weeks ago - listening to The Pipes!
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

LOL- how long till that pic shows up on FB?