Whats on your painting table/workbench?

Started by TheCommandTent, July 08, 2012, 09:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

Same boat here - must have clipped counters and it's like Lays potato chips - you can't clip just one!  What is your alls tool of choice?  Mine's the Oregon Laminations 2mm corner rounder (modified):
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bob48

Nothing so sophisticated for me, sadly. I use a pretty substantial pair of common nail clippers and manage to achieve fairly consistent results, although I tend only remove a small clipping to get rid of the excess from the sprue.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Arctic Blast

I've never clipped a counter. It now amuses me to know that seeing me play with rough counters would probably drive many of you mad.  ;D

bob48

No worries Arctic, I'll bring my own clippers and do 'em as we play  ;)

'Clip those corners'

LongBlade

Quote from: GJK on April 19, 2013, 04:15:17 PM
Same boat here - must have clipped counters and it's like Lays potato chips - you can't clip just one!  What is your alls tool of choice?  Mine's the Oregon Laminations 2mm corner rounder (modified):

Your duct tape looks wrinkled!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

DV8

"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

LongBlade

TheCommandTent

Probably a dumb question but is clipping counters more of an aesthetics thing or is there some functional reason for doing so?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

JudgeDredd

Talking about "clipping"...I remember one or two people on here (can't remember who) pulling me about my counters. I think I was doing an AAR for Hornet Leader. Someone asked me to clip the counters...it clearly bothered them.  ;)

tbh, it kind of did me, but not to the point where I was about to waste a couple of hours clipping little bits of cardboard off 4 corners of small cardboard counters (though I think I did eventually)....however that person pointing it out has now afflicted me with their illness - because I did just that with my Band of Heroes game!  :D
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 19, 2013, 10:03:06 PM
Probably a dumb question but is clipping counters more of an aesthetics thing or is there some functional reason for doing so?

It's nothing but the sign of a person with a really sick OCD problem. I would never deface my counters by cutting off the corners.
They will claim that is cleans up the corner "fuzzies" and make the counters fit better in the hexes..... but it's nothing but vandalism....  :P

bob48

Arghhhh!

Fuzzy corners....................Nooooooooo!!!!!

(clip,clip,clip,clip,clip)

'Clip those corners'

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on April 20, 2013, 06:39:22 AM
Arghhhh!

Fuzzy corners....................Nooooooooo!!!!!

(clip,clip,clip,clip,clip)

LOL

Ummm, that corner isn't symmetrical. No, not that one. The other one.

LongBlade

Quote from: Barthheart on April 20, 2013, 05:48:11 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 19, 2013, 10:03:06 PM

It's nothing but the sign of a person with a really sick OCD problem. I would never deface my counters by cutting off the corners.
They will claim that is cleans up the corner "fuzzies" and make the counters fit better in the hexes..... but it's nothing but vandalism....  :P

I always like how some of the counters come with a hanging chad. Just a slight flare on the top right. It makes them look like they're moving.

GJK

Supposedly, the counter clipping all started because of AH's small 1/2" hexes with 1/2" counters and having the corners of the counters "snag" counters in an adjacent hex with the corners that overhanged into the adjacent hex.  That or you can compare it to circumcised vs ala naturale.....
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Bison

I'm just going to do it cause that's what I saw all the cool kids doing.