Matrix sale is up and runs until January 12th, 2020

Started by Geezer, November 26, 2019, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Anguille

Dammit Carl!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Anguille on November 26, 2019, 10:31:27 AM
That's a long sale!

Wow, yeah, longer than usual, isn't it? I'm usually in a rush to stack this with my loyalty discount after Christmas before the winter sale runs out.  8)

As for what I may get this year.... hm, we'll see.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Going to buy Civil War 2 based on the AAR.
Pride of Nations Spanish American War.

How good is:
Sovereignty: Crown of Kings

airboy

Good sale, but Warplan is not discounted (except via the Grogheads code).

Rayfer

The much maligned World in Flames is $20.00.  But then again, War in the Pacific: AE is only $16.00

-budd-

Quote from: airboy on November 26, 2019, 01:03:54 PM
How good is:

Been awhile but heres the little I remember. The tactical  battles were fun, the AI wasn't terrible for the tac battles. Different goals for winning for different countries, which was good.

The stuff that wasn't so good.
Not much to build to flesh out your territories. Small countries aren't much fun, a lot of end turn as you build. Not much diplomacy options.

The part I had the most fun with was the land tac battles, variety of units. If it interested you enough to spend the time playing, you'd get your money's worth at that price.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

CJReich46

I got the email this morning.

Hmmm...and with my new PC to play with.

I'll be going through the "wish lists" quite a bit on this one.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

airboy

Quote from: -budd- on November 26, 2019, 01:43:18 PM
Quote from: airboy on November 26, 2019, 01:03:54 PM
How good is:

Been awhile but heres the little I remember. The tactical  battles were fun, the AI wasn't terrible for the tac battles. Different goals for winning for different countries, which was good.

The stuff that wasn't so good.
Not much to build to flesh out your territories. Small countries aren't much fun, a lot of end turn as you build. Not much diplomacy options.

The part I had the most fun with was the land tac battles, variety of units. If it interested you enough to spend the time playing, you'd get your money's worth at that price.

Thanks Budd.  Since I have (unplayed) Fantasy General I think I'll play FG first.

steve58

Quote from: Rayfer on November 26, 2019, 01:34:04 PM
The much maligned World in Flames is $20.00.  But then again, War in the Pacific: AE is only $16.00

Interesting that Uncommon Valor costs more than the original War in the Pacific ???

UV was my intro to Matrixgames so so many years ago.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Dammit Carl!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 26, 2019, 03:55:07 PM
Lol.  Was going to bring up World in Flames.

still too much for this game....yes, i am still bitter

smittyohio

Quote from: Rayfer on November 26, 2019, 01:34:04 PM
The much maligned World in Flames is $20.00.

Just in case anyone was curious, there still hasn't been any work done on the AI.