Matrix sale is up and runs until January 12th, 2020

Started by Geezer, November 26, 2019, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

...and then my Matrix loyalty coupon shows up in the inbox!

Thinking "To End All Wars," or the new Strategic Command WW1 (sadly not for sale, but understandable as its a new release).

Thanks, Matrix!

Geezer

Also got my coupon (15 year, 50% off).  Will probably get Field of Glory Empires and the rest of the FoG2 DLC I don't have yet.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Yskonyn

Quote from: Geezer on December 12, 2019, 02:31:16 PM
Also got my coupon (15 year, 50% off).  Will probably get Field of Glory Empires and the rest of the FoG2 DLC I don't have yet.

I did just that with mine a week or so ago!  O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Yskonyn

Well I dont have much experience yet. But the attention to historical detail and tidbits is impressive. The interface is a mixed bag.
I like the art of the panels and buttons, but the listing and progress bars in certain menus are darn ugly lol.

So far in our MP game it looks like it plays much like a boardgame.
Good first impression at any rate.

And with all the nations and their quirks there is sooo much to discover!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Geezer

OK, thanks.  Watching some Youtube stuff and liking what I see.  Hard to go wrong when my price will be $15, although it's more about whether it is worth my time rather than my money.

Huw the Poo

For the sake of fairness I'll add a counterpoint here.  Now, I acknowledge fully that I seem to be the lone dissenter here (in fact I'm vaguely annoyed that the Grogheads led me astray this time).  But personally I think FoG:E is a terrible game.  First and foremost the UI is godawful, to the point where it seriously hampered my playing.  Information is never where I want it, the popup system is atrocious, and so on.  The diplomacy is laughably bare, which is a bit of an oversight in a game like this.  It has no soul and feels, I don't know, empty.  Battles are spectacular only in how underwhelming they are.  The implementation of multiplayer is beyond bad.

It might be worth $15 to you, but I was pissed off to get a game like this in 2019 and for £30.

Geezer

Thanks for your thoughts Huw.  The next patch is supposed to address diplomacy, but probably not any of your concerns.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Geezer on December 13, 2019, 01:04:32 PM
Thanks for your thoughts Huw.  The next patch is supposed to address diplomacy, but probably not any of your concerns.

I sincerely hope you like it if you buy it - and chances are, you will like it as everyone else around here does.  There seems to be a big appetite for multiplayer games too.

I'd gift you my copy if I could! ;)

JasonPratt

And lo, my loyalty discount arrives today.

What shall there beeeee....  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Vintage Dude

Is the loyalty discount applied to the entire order or just one game?

Grim.Reaper

JasonPratt

....man, I looked around, and I'm just not feeling it this year. Even with my loyalty discount stacked on the winter sale. I love Matrix, but I've got a lot of stuff already, including a lot of recent stuff. Which, yay, I paid more or less full price for it, they've got more profit off me than otherwise!

Nor can I functionally combine my loyalty discount with the Groghead discount for the new WW1 game. Which would be okay, I could take whichever one worked best, except as much as I love WW1 games I don't really want this one at the moment.  :-\
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Geezer

I ended up getting FoG:Empires and the rest of the FoG2 dlc that I didn't have already.  All deeply discounted with my 50% coupon on top of the sale.   ;D