Matrix sale is up and runs until January 12th, 2020

Started by Geezer, November 26, 2019, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

WITP:AE, daily turns, that's not a game, that's a lifestyle choice.....to much game for me, i yield. I did look at WIF, the map pack, i like a good map but don't know where i could hang it, 9ft tall :o

I'm looking at Guns of August, people swear by Frank Hunters games, also Piercing Fortress Europa but the Italian theater isn't my favorite. might fill out my FOG2 DLC, and pick up Sanctus Reach for some fun pbem. Sanctus Reach looks like it plays a bit like BA and BA2 and FOG2 which are all a lot of fun pbem.

What about OOB? I bought one DLC to test out pbem, and the pbem is more fun than Panzer Corps but the DLC's don't seem to add a lot to MP and the product descriptions don't really say what the DLC's add to MP. Anyone know?? i have no interest in the SP game in OOB.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

It's my mission in life to live to 100, at least.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: -budd- on November 27, 2019, 01:20:21 PM

WITP:AE, daily turns, that's not a game, that's a lifestyle choice.....to much game for me, i yield.

I'm looking at Guns of August, people swear by Frank Hunters games

WitP:AE  you nailed it budd. I never got beyond January 1942, and that was after many, many hours of play. The UI is nothing short of tedious.

Guns of August: I saw an AAR on Facebook recently and the player, and then other posters, praised the game.  The reviews I saw online were very critical.  I've been eying this one for a long time. Just not sure.

demjansk1942

I still haven't pulled the plug on wipae, maybe it's to big

Like I said before, I have too many games

Barthheart

Quote from: demjansk1942 on November 27, 2019, 03:13:00 PM
I have too many games

I know all of those words but I can't make any sense this statement. 

planetbrain

So far I've picked up 3 older titles I would normally no longer get:
       Battles in Normandy (SSG)
       Steel Panthers World at War, Generals Edition
       Hornet Leader
And, as is usual, I'll probably hardly look at any of them. I think we move on much too quickly these days. too many games, not enough time.
It's just like having A.D.D.
Mostly harmless

Tripoli

Quote from: Rayfer on November 27, 2019, 02:26:35 PM
Quote from: -budd- on November 27, 2019, 01:20:21 PM

WITP:AE, daily turns, that's not a game, that's a lifestyle choice.....to much game for me, i yield.

I'm looking at Guns of August, people swear by Frank Hunters games

WitP:AE  you nailed it budd. I never got beyond January 1942, and that was after many, many hours of play. The UI is nothing short of tedious.

Guns of August: I saw an AAR on Facebook recently and the player, and then other posters, praised the game.  The reviews I saw online were very critical.  I've been eying this one for a long time. Just not sure.

Guns of August is a good design.  I enjoyed it, and thought it was worth the time.  WitP:AE is good, albeit you do have to invest A LOT of time in the game.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

Not enough time to play the too many games? No, it's still a little fuzzy.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Skoop

Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2019, 02:23:43 PM
It's my mission in life to live to 100, at least.

Me too, got the genes for it and my only vice is video games just have to mix a workout in and I might just achieve the goal.

Gusington

^I have a couple of grandmothers and great grandmothers who pushed the mid-90s but not beyond that.

We can do it! I know it. I work out like I am in prison so I am hoping it pays off.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BradS62

Damn felt good getting CC Gateway to Caen for $30 recently. Is now a measly $10 :-"

Pete Dero

Quote from: BradS62 on November 28, 2019, 07:31:34 PM
Damn felt good getting CC Gateway to Caen for $30 recently. Is now a measly $10 :-"

Somehow seeing games like WITW, WITE and WITPAE discounted that much just doesn't feel right to me  :-[

Yskonyn

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 29, 2019, 03:40:53 AM
Quote from: BradS62 on November 28, 2019, 07:31:34 PM

Somehow seeing games like WITW, WITE and WITPAE discounted that much just doesn't feel right to me  :-[

Hah, that's exactly what I thought when I saw those prices.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

-budd-

No issues from me on the heavy discounts. Buy now or wait for a sale, or wait for a better sale, the age old dilemma. I remember when they started these Matrix sales when most things were at 30% off, with a few things 50%. They took some criticism for it not being much of a sale, while steam and other outlets were going with bigger discounts.
I say rejoice and buy some more games you don't need or have time to play, happy holidays everyone.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.