Main Menu

Under the FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, January 17, 2020, 06:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Quote from: Rekim on January 18, 2020, 03:42:57 PM
I was surprised that Rush didn't headline this weeks thread. Thanks for mentioning Neil.

You still play 7 Days to Die, Budd? it just keeps getting better imho.

Also in a gaming funk, but mine related to being stuck at work this weekend...and this stupid snow storm. If I had my way I'd be VRing some DCS or BoS. Have been boning up on my BF 109 skills in both.

I'll probably be doing a deep dive into RUSH tunes this weekend, good pair of headphones and my headphone amp and off i'll go.

I'll always return to 7 days to die sooner or later. I like the new alpha, especially the improved performance. Tested out vanilla last run, probably with make a modded run soon with a custom map. I like the Darkness Falls mod and War of the Walkers but looks like WOTW mod is not being updated. I'll run with Darkness Falls, custom generated map, with the sorcery modlet.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

MetalDog

Quote from: -budd- on January 18, 2020, 02:46:16 PM
So many memorable lyrics throughout Rush songs, here's a couple of my favorites:

"A planet of playthings
We dance on a string
Of powers we cannot perceive.
The stars aren't aligned
Or the god are malign.
Blame is better to give than receive"

"Half the world hates
What half the world does every day
Half the world waits
While half gets on with it anyway"

My favorite Peart lyric is on fame and how we think we know someone through their medium: music, movies, tv, sports, etc.

"I can't pretend a stranger
Is a long awaited friend."

I was surprised that Rush didn't headline this weeks thread. Thanks for mentioning Neil.

I am ashamed to admit, I didn't even think about it.   :-[  His passing was mentioned here:  http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24206.0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

-budd-

Quote from: MetalDog on January 18, 2020, 04:37:29 PM
Quote from: -budd- on January 18, 2020, 02:46:16 PM
So many memorable lyrics throughout Rush songs, here's a couple of my favorites:

"A planet of playthings
We dance on a string
Of powers we cannot perceive.
The stars aren't aligned
Or the god are malign.
Blame is better to give than receive"

"Half the world hates
What half the world does every day
Half the world waits
While half gets on with it anyway"

My favorite Peart lyric is on fame and how we think we know someone through their medium: music, movies, tv, sports, etc.

"I can't pretend a stranger
Is a long awaited friend."

I am ashamed to admit, I didn't even think about it.   :-[  His passing was mentioned here:  http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24206.0

So many meaningful lyrics he wrote, that one also came to mind for me. Love Limelight, seemed such a personal song for him. They had a good arrangement, you guys do the press, i'll write the songs. I haven't spent enough time with the material after Peart's tragedies, think i'll give those a listen.

Rekim

Quote from: -budd- on January 18, 2020, 04:12:49 PM
I'll always return to 7 days to die sooner or later. I like the new alpha, especially the improved performance. Tested out vanilla last run, probably with make a modded run soon with a custom map. I like the Darkness Falls mod and War of the Walkers but looks like WOTW mod is not being updated. I'll run with Darkness Falls, custom generated map, with the sorcery modlet.

I have never tried a mod. Probably should change that. I usually play permadeath, which makes it challenging just to explore all of the crafting in any given alpha.

Have you tried MP with any of the later builds? I found it too laggy back in the day when we shared a server on here.

-budd-

I haven't played MP since the last time we had the server here, no idea how it plays.

I do perma death after the first two days. I'm always doing something risky and stupid and will die usually the first day or two, the shiny POI's are to tempting to me early game. I also crank up the difficulty to the highest or one level down so i give my perma death a two day break.

If you want to try modded version this is the easiest way i know, use this mod launcher   http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/7D2DModLauncher.html  it will throw up an AV warning, but i've used it for a couple of years now and nothing turns up when i scan it. It will take awhile on setup to get going as you have to do a copy or new install of 7DTD, and then download the overhaul mods. Once this is done you can play vanilla or modded, the copy or new install doesn't mess with your original install. The mod launcher will show compatible mods and keep them updated, it also allows you to download modlets, which are smaller add on mods, like weapons, POI's, small stuff. On the modlets you do have to pay attention to compatibility but most are compatible. Its where i get the sorcery modlet, nothing like throwing some fireballs or freezing some zombies \m/.

Here's the link to the thread with the map generator i use ....    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD   
sometimes you just want a big green zone or lots of cities and towns or none...your choice.

Need any help to get up and running just ask, i'll do what i can.

Rekim

Thanks for the pointers Budd. I will be sure to give them a try.

IICptMillerII

I've been stupidly busy (whats the point of a 4 day weekend if you only get 1 day off?) so my gaming time has been extremely limited. Still though, I've managed to get through a handful of turns in a new Field of Glory: Empires playthrough (as Rome, of course  ;D) and things are going well so far. I really hope there is some DLC around the corner expanding this game more. There is so much potential here. I would love for a DLC covering the beginning of the Empire, and eventually a Barbarian Invasion centered DLC as well. Still holding out hope for those.

Otherwise I've been trying to get as much testing done for the new Fire and Rubble module for Combat Mission: Red Thunder. The module is shaping up real nicely and is really going to flesh out the late war Eastern Front in CM. For me, winter is worth the price of admission alone, but there are plenty of other new goodies as well, including partisans and volkssturm for fighting in the ruins of Berlin, and lend-lease vehicles for the Soviets to name just a few things.

Beyond that I was thinking about downloading some of the old Medal of Honor games (Allied Assault, Spearhead, etc) for some nostalgic gaming when time permits. For those that don't know, the Medal of Honor Warchest is on Good Old Games and includes a lot of the old MoH titles and their expansions. Highly recommended.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their time off!